SPARTAN Leathers

So Jeff (Pyrogenic) and I are doing our first track day this year. I know they rent leathers at the track but I also know that I have an odd shaped body. My legs are that of a 5'5" man while my torso is that of a 6'2" man. There is nothing over the counter in the way of a one piece suite that will ever fit me. So I have decided to go the custom route with Spartan Leathers.

Spartan Leathers - Premium Custom Motorcycle Leathers, Jackets, Gloves, and more!

I decided to go with their entry level suit named Spartan Charge v2.0. These are made of 1.4mm premium grade cowhide leather. This suit is $699 all inclusive. What does all inclusive mean? Well... Are you 350 pounds and need a suit custom designed to fit you? That is included. Want your name on the back? That is included. Want perforated leather? That is included. Want a back hump? Big or small? That is included. Want to custom design the colors on your suit? That is included. $699 no mater what you decide to do to it. Armor is the only thing that can increase price.

They have a worksheet of measurements you need to take. They build the suit based on your measurements. I plan to go to Men's warehouse and have them do my measurements to make sure they are accurate.

I have heard nothing but great reviews on these.

Anyway, I am playing around with the template for the Charge 2.0 trying to find a color scheme. I am not big on colors. Blue is my favorite color so really the only one I am willing to work in to the design. Here are a few of my favorite combinations so far. Any sugestions? I am personally leaning towards the 3rd one.

View attachment 5038

View attachment 5039

View attachment 5040

View attachment 5041

Last edited:
That is included. Want a bag hump? Big or small? That is included. Anyway, I am playing around with the template for the Charge 2.0 trying to find a color scheme. I am not big on colors. Blue is my favorite color so really the only one I am willing to work in to the design. Here are a few of my favorite combinations so far. Any sugestions? I am personally leaning towards the 3rd one.

View attachment 5040

Is that like a Cod piece ? :poke::jk: I would hope a Back hump would be included, I think that is important for a track suit. I agree that the 3rd one looks best of the choices, I'm not big on flashy leathers (even though my past history might suggest otherwise, it was the 80's you know). The darker greys and black would go well with your bike.

Is that like a Cod piece ? :poke::jk: I would hope a Back hump would be included, I think that is important for a track suit. I agree that the 3rd one looks best of the choices, I'm not big on flashy leathers (even though my past history might suggest otherwise, it was the 80's you know). The darker greys and black would go well with your bike.

Fixed! I do not want the hump. Though it is included in the price if you want it. I would definitely feel like a huge poser with one. Now, if I get really fast and that extra bit of aerodynamics actual makes a difference in time I may just get a better suit with a hump.

Last edited:
If I were getting a track specific suit I would definately get a 1 piece. When you go down (face it, it will happen eventually) a 1 piece offers better protection. It has no horizontal zipper to break and nothing to snag on as you slide. A 2 piece is a compromise for guys that ride on the street, and might go to the track. :2cents:

I would also like your opinions on 1pc v. 2pc suits for the track.
Brad

Get the hump. It's not for aerodynamics. It is to protect you if you are in a forward flip by getting your head off the ground sooner. It also is for sliding on your back. (if your conscience) :)

ONLY --- Get a one piece. You will thank me later. They are comfortable and with the proper measurements, which you are providing, you will forget you even have them on. Fit is super important. Get the best impact resistant armor they provide.

Also, if you can afford it, get a pair of HELD gloves. They have kangaroo palms and feel like you have bare hands on the bike. They are awesome.

Racing boots are also a must. Then, before the track day start riding a bike every day and work out your grip. That's all you need to be prepared, besides riding skills. hehe :)

New Pair of SIDI Vertigo coming in tomorrow. Selling my old Joe Rocket Supper Street boots.

I guess I am getting a hump. :)

That is what I wear. If they are a little too tight you can stretch them by soaking them and walking around in them for a day. I found that out by accident when we got stuck in a thunderstorm. They have felt great ever since.

Final Design with Hump

Final Design - Nothing to Flashy for Me

5047d1294359584-spartan-leathers-suit_final.jpg

I would echo what others have said. Racers I've talked to have said a one-piece is far superior in a crash and also much more comfortable to wear while racing. As for the speed hump, if you're going to wear this suit for the track, how could you possibly feel like a poser?

Go for it!

I like your scheme, nice and simple.

I wear a plain black 2-piece leather suit without knee pucks when I ride, simple as possible. Cost effective too :)

Also, how about "HAIL" across the back and "FZ1-FORUM" down the legs! LOL! I too like the 3rd scheme and also am a fan of getting the "hump". These days I'd imagine that most guys that do track days regularly have humps on their leathers for the added protection. You'd probably feel left out if you didn't get one! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I agree --- if they aren't gonna charge you anymore money --- put HAIL on the back and maybe something on the front. That way it looks like custom leathers.

Also, how about "HAIL" across the back and "FZ1-FORUM" down the legs! LOL! I too like the 3rd scheme and also am a fan of getting the "hump". These days I'd imagine that most guys that do track days regularly have humps on their leathers for the added protection. You'd probably feel left out if you didn't get one! I can't wait to see the finished product.

If Lee can get me an emboridered FZ1-Forum logo I will definitely put it on there somewhere. I have plans to put "Hail" accross the back but have not decided what font I want to use. Playing with that now. I will submit that separately from the color scheme.

Name

I want somethign slightly whimsicle but not gay. This is what I am leaning towards. It would only be large enough to fit in the gray area of the hump.

5049d1294362438-spartan-leathers-name.jpg

5050d1294362438-spartan-leathers-name2.jpg

Last edited:
In my final selection image below everything that looks dark gray is actually black. The part that looks gray is a Dark Gray (slightly metalic gunmetal).

5047d1294359584-spartan-leathers-suit_final.jpg

P.S. Done deal, measured 3 times and submitted the order. 4-6 weeks for delivery. No tax, no shipping just $699.

Back