Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Modular and Multiple Use Helmets

Looking at this Scorpion EXO-AT950 as a possible new lid. For $250 USD it covers a lot of uses. Anyone have any experience with this model or this style of helmet?

"When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

I've been using a flip-up helmet for years now and love 'em. I had an HJC CL-Max which was clunky, loud and cheap but my Schuberth C3 and now C3 Pro have been phenomenal. If you've never had a flip-up before, definitely give one a try.

Now as for that particular Scorpion, I don't have any experience with it. I'm wary of riding a helmet with a 'peak' like that on the street. I can't imagine it'll be very nice on the neck with that big sail attached to the front. Scorpion also does a premium flip-up in the EXO-GT3000. Is there a particular reason you want the ADV style?

That big sail mostly cuts straight through the wind, altho a few people have complained of buffeting at high speeds. Personally there are a lot of days when i was riding into the sun that I would have loved to have that one, and having it be removable like that is even better.
    2001 FZ1, 1999 ZRX1100, 2011 FJR1300

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I've been using a flip-up helmet for years now and love 'em. I had an HJC CL-Max which was clunky, loud and cheap but my Schuberth C3 and now C3 Pro have been phenomenal. If you've never had a flip-up before, definitely give one a try.

Now as for that particular Scorpion, I don't have any experience with it. I'm wary of riding a helmet with a 'peak' like that on the street. I can't imagine it'll be very nice on the neck with that big sail attached to the front. Scorpion also does a premium flip-up in the EXO-GT3000. Is there a particular reason you want the ADV style?
    I like the styling of the helmet with and with out the peak. It has a modern aggressive look with or without the peak. I love the idea of it being a flip up as well. Seems like a good thing to have when stopping just to fill up, make a quick call or flip it up for a cool down now and then in the summer months.

The fact that is it around $250 shipped is nice too.
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

I'd recommend the X-Lite X-1004 Carbon https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...SABEgKIIfD_BwE
    ----------------------------
    Live long, and prosper !