Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 2018 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

We might as well get this started and post any news from the teams and such here.

I am hoping this was not a fluke season from Dovi, I hope to see him on top a bunch more in this upcoming season.

I also have big hopes for Zarco, he was getting more consistent as the year went on.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    - John Galt

Hey! Thanks for making the 2018 thread.

Bring on testing!

Hell yeah!

For us Aussies with Foxtel, testing will be on from 8 pm tonight and tomorrow night.
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Or on the MotoGP live stream.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Watching the testing in Valencia atm.

Go Miller! He's riding the Pramac Ducati faster than he did on his Honda in the race yesterday.

He's also faster than any Ducati rider yesterday too.

The commentators say that he uses a ton of rear brake which is exactly what is needed to ride the Ducati fast.
    Looking like it was a good move for him.
    Last edited by ballmead; 11-14-2017 at 02:54 AM.
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Quote Originally Posted by ballmead View Post
    Watching the testing in Valencia atm.

Go Miller! He's riding the Pramac Ducati faster than he did on his Honda in the race yesterday.

He's also faster than any Ducati rider yesterday too.

The commentators say that he uses a ton of rear brake which is exactly what is needed to ride the Ducati fast.
    Looking like it was a good move for him.
    Sometimes you really need to pair a rider with the right bike.

Interesting to see Yamaha doing so much testing with the 2016 frame, and then Zarco goes out on the 2017 frame and loves it.....
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    - John Galt

Vinales said he still prefers the 2017 frame too. But said they both have pros and cons (2017 less cons than 2016), and they need to work to address them and bring them closer together. Rossi said similar, but that he likes the feel of the 2016 more and wants them to make the 2018 work like the 17, but feel like the 16!
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Airbags in riders suits to be required in 2018:

MotoGP™
    - John Galt

Folger is out for 2018. His Gilbert Syndrome isn't under control and he made the decision to bow out. Tech 3 now has an empty seat a couple of weeks before the Sepang test.

“I’m incredibly sad to be saying this, but I will not be racing MotoGP in 2018," said Folger. "I wasn’t able to make the improvements I was hoping for, and at this stage I don’t feel able to ride a MotoGP machine at 100 percent.

"I hope to be back one day and want to thank you all for your ongoing support.”
    I'm totally bummed for Folger and for Tech 3

This makes me sad. I like Folger and hope he is able to return. Sitting out a season isn't good for ones career. To much competition for seats these days. Ive been trying to figure out who might get that seat but no one is really standing out, in my mind.
    CCS# 711