Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Anyone else going to COTA for motoGP this weekend? I'm flying down tomorrow

a friend of mine is there and a co-working is flying in this morning.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    - John Galt

I wish I could have made it. Had many friends there and one working Medical on Corner #2
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

The real winner this weekend was Amy Dargen. Can we please have her instead of Simon Cant-talk?
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    - John Galt

Wow 3 great races.

Moto 3 was a crash fest as per usual.

Moto 2 had a few surprises.

MotoGP was a very interesting race and thrown the championship wide open! Dovi got impatient and pulled a very uncharacteristic move which ended up causing an incident which took all 3 of them out! You can't blame anyone for that. Jorge was doing his best to stay ahead to get points for the championship - when people say he should move aside and let the faster guys through??? Why he is also racing for the championship and it is only race 4! It is a race!

Jack, Petruci, Iannone and Rossi's fight for 3rd was good to see. I hope Jack gets back on the podium sooner rather than later.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Great racing, agreed. I was really hoping for Dovi to get out in front and possible catch MM or put some pressure on him.

I am still bummed out about Simon Crafar, not only does he have a terrible interviews presence, he asks horrible questions and has awful timing..... I really hope he either improves quickly or they replace him. It is starting to bum me out on the broadcast.
    - John Galt

Yeah, hopefully he improves, he does have a lot of knowledge, he just needs to improve his delivery. It would be a hard gig coming in after Dylon Gray too. I hope he improves or they give Amy more air time. Dhe did a great job in Simon's absence the other week. Maybe have them both down there roaming the pits.

What I really hope is that MotoGP Improve their Chromecast issues. It is currently woeful. A lot of people from around the globe have complained to them, but they don't seem to care once they have your money......
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Yeah, hopefully he improves, he does have a lot of knowledge, he just needs to improve his delivery. It would be a hard gig coming in after Dylon Gray too. I hope he improves or they give Amy more air time. Dhe did a great job in Simon's absence the other week. Maybe have them both down there roaming the pits.

What I really hope is that MotoGP Improve their Chromecast issues. It is currently woeful. A lot of people from around the globe have complained to them, but they don't seem to care once they have your money......
    Amy was on point. Simon needs to study Dylans reporting and try to emulate.... Interrupting a race to ask a crew chief what it is like to work with his rider is a horrible waste of time.

What is going on with the Chromecast feeds? I use the app on an old iPad and stream it to my TV via my Apple TV box. The app does have a tendency to crash after 40-50 min of viewing time, so I just keep note of about how far into the race I am (i never have time to watch live) and start it back up again. Also the app is very slow to pause when it is in airplay mode, which can be annoying. I think I just need a new iPad(currently running an iPad 2 I have had since 2012).
    - John Galt

Chromecast has several issues

- stuttering noise so you can't understand what is going on.
    - bad buffering due to them using their own video protocol and google need to convert it to a standard video type - becuase you can't choose to play at a lower dpi (i.e. forced to 1080p) it starts stuttering.
    - unable to connect at all
    - when you do connect for a live broadcast, it sometimes starts at the beginning of the broadcast (i.e. moto3 race) and you can't get it to play live.
    - when watch no spoilers, you get the buffering issues as well
    - when watching live and you get a bad feed, you used to be able to change to option 2 or 3 and get a better feed, this has gone away.

Some rounds are better than others. The fly aways were atrocious. The last Euro round (Jerez) was OK.
    Mods: