lower risers

NightTrain

Almost an oxymoron :nerd: to say... but anyhow, I want something lower than stock. What have you guys had success with? Yamaha has gtyr modded risers but only listed for the G1. I know of the sv650 risers set up, but, for the 100 bux it cost's new I'd rather have something more trick to look at. So what are some suggestions?

Almost an oxymoron :nerd: to say... but anyhow, I want something lower than stock. What have you guys had success with? Yamaha has gtyr modded risers but only listed for the G1. I know of the sv650 risers set up, but, for the 100 bux it cost's new I'd rather have something more trick to look at. So what are some suggestions?

Some have cut the stock risers and then drilled them out and used shorter bolts to attach to the triple. Can be done easily! :D

Rizoma do a 42mm or 60mm riser. You can get these @ PJ parts, they are made in Italy and look very trick.

Few pics of 42mm Rizoma risers, bars & grips. This is an awesome setup, great leverage and comfortable about 1" lower & 1" wider each end, no adjustmen tneeded to cables and lines. Rizoma make stuff designed for road bikes & streetfighters. Beware of the MX stuff as the bars flex and most are too wide.

Correct, you will have to use the conical bars with the risers. From memory the bars are 22mm out wide and 29mm where the risers are. Another thing to remember, if you add a top mounted steering dampner then use the 60mm risers these will give you enough clearance, you can use the 42mm but they will need a shim. I use Sprint dampner which is mounted underneath the head-stock infront of the radiator. But to be honest, unless you taking the FZ1 on the track you don't really need a steering dampner. It is personal choice what risers you go for 15mm isn't going to make a huge difference in peformance & comfort. Ps the machine quality of Rizoma is top shelf.

The 42mm risers gave a slightly longer reach for someone my size, but also gave a more sporty position. Here is a picture of the Rizoma bars vs stock. It really shows the size and sweep difference. Rizoma offers the bars in red, blue, gold, black, and silver.

And yes, you will be hard pressed to find better quality than Rizoma. Plus they stand behind their products like no other.

Last edited:
Now I see why, when you order that bar, you want lower risers. That bar itself looks to negate the difference the lower risers would offer with the rise and sweep of them.

I like the flat bar. :D Besides, I cannot get any lower risers with the GPR Stabilizer installed.

But, they do look great if you like wider bars.

Now I see why, when you order that bar, you want lower risers. That bar itself looks to negate the difference the lower risers would offer with the rise and sweep of them.

I like the flat bar. :D Besides, I cannot get any lower risers with the GPR Stabilizer installed.

But, they do look great if you like wider bars.

The wider bars give you more leverage, this aids when countersteering into corners and the tight stuff where the FZ1 comes alive. This is more a performance upgrade than looks, but the risers & bars look the bollocks!!!. Notice the width difference between the stock and aftermarket. stock 700mm, Rizoma 760mm.

hi guys i'm planning to get a set of risers and conical handlebars from Rizoma for my '07 FZ1N. Could someone kindly advise on me on whether to get the 42mm or 60mm risers please? thanks :)

I was reading the review about the FZ8 and notice it comes with short riders and uses a superbike bar. I suspect those risers will become popular with the FZ1 crowd. Using OEM parts for modding is my favorite way to go.

I have just picked up some FZ8 Risers £30 off ebay to go with my Renthal Ultra Low Bars they are perfect!!! Straight swap nice and easy. If you can get them go for it

Suzuki GZ250 risers are 2" lower than the stock risers and can be found cheap - there's a set on EBay right now for $21.

Here are mine (also bought from EBay):

P1020042.jpg

P1020047.jpg

After powdering:
P1020947.jpg

P1030173.jpg

Back