Fender eliminators for 09 model

Hi guys,

i'm trying to get rid of this awful stock plate holder. There's unfortunately not a lot of choice in the type of fender eliminators for the fz1 09.
I was wondering if it was possible to install a fender of r6 / r1 ? are the dimensions the same ? is there another model that has the same dimension, if so, which year model ?

thanks in advance for your answer.

Fender 09

Thanks a lot guys, this helps a lot.
Only limit of these fenders is the plate light that might be required on road (that was the legal advice..)

Anyway, i think i'll go ahead with just a small fender, get rid of the indicators and get a proper taillight with indicators integrated. thanks again !

I'm going with the Evotech shortly myself.. of all the ones listed it seems to have what I am looking for... use of stock signals, includes a plate light although some say its rather dim... I don't mind that so much as riding at night is not a priority for me and if its that dim i'll use the stock light (I have also seen that done on this board).

I also like how you can mount reflectors on the side... depending on your state that may be a must.

I'm going with the Evotech shortly myself.. of all the ones listed it seems to have what I am looking for... use of stock signals, includes a plate light although some say its rather dim... I don't mind that so much as riding at night is not a priority for me and if its that dim i'll use the stock light (I have also seen that done on this board).

I also like how you can mount reflectors on the side... depending on your state that may be a must.

Yep I remounted the stock licence plate light on the Evotech FE.
You just have to drill a hole in the centre of the back of the stock light and then mount it to the FE. Oh and bend the bracket a bit.

View attachment 4107

For the reflectors, you will have to drill your own holes for mounting.
View attachment 4108

I have the Evotech FE and it's awesome. The build quality and engineering that goes into them is first class. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with mine.

Just got the Evotech in and its awesome... Here are a few pics of the stock installation. I still haven't decided how I will end up using the stick on reflector.. pics show round plate reflector bolts. Thats one of the things I really like about the Evotech.. I think it provides lots of options... for now I'll run the rear lamp but may opt to use the stock one like scottyd.

Either way it blows the doors off the stock fender! :sport12:

Checkem out:

rfe1.jpg

rfe2.jpg

rfe3.jpg

Quick update on the rear license plate lamp .. more like what lamp? It definitely won't cut it and If I rode a lot at night I would swap the stock one in immediately! It only provides a faint glow around the midplate..closer to the top.

I may look around to see if there are any aftermarket plate lights worth modding to this kit.. otherwise I'll pull a "scottyd" and mod it like his!

Overall this doesn't change my opinion of the evotech at all... its awesome and I knew the plate light may not be enough. No biggie. If it is important to you however plan to mod it or look elsewhere for another kit.

Quick update on the rear license plate lamp .. more like what lamp? It definitely won't cut it and If I rode a lot at night I would swap the stock one in immediately! It only provides a faint glow around the midplate..closer to the top.

I may look around to see if there are any aftermarket plate lights worth modding to this kit.. otherwise I'll pull a "scottyd" and mod it like his!

Overall this doesn't change my opinion of the evotech at all... its awesome and I knew the plate light may not be enough. No biggie. If it is important to you however plan to mod it or look elsewhere for another kit.

Ya know, you would think that one of these FZ1 owners that is also an Avionics Technician would be able to come up with an LED option to put together for the tail light... :hook2: I'll see what I can come up with...

Good question Lee. I'm steering away from the cheap ones as they are using low power LEDs that are just not bright enough. I'm playing with some bright high power ones right now. I just have to work out how to mount them into a compact package, cause they are a 4 leg flat pack version that throw light out wide...

Agree.. I was looking for regular style lamps but seems like LEDs are all the rage. I plan to look around myself at local autostores and see what I can dig up. Something like the stock one but a little shorter/tighter would be sweet.

good luck mate!

Have you guys thought about something like these that replace your stock plate mounting bolts. They can be rotated to provide the light in any direction you want. By the way I also have the Evotech FE, but rarely ride at night so I never bothered to change out the puny light that came with it.

attachment.php

Back