Gen II Mods? Start here!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
One sticky should direct you where you need to go. Why would we want you to have to look for things that we can direct you to easily! :D

Here's a list of links to threads in this forum for the Gen II FZ1 mods that members have done to their bikes. If I am missing one, or you're about to post one that either enhances an existing thread, replaces an outdated one or is a new one, please PM one of the super mods or an admin (or just me) and I'll link it up in here. Thanks and enjoy!

MODS:

Exhaust
A wealth of exhaust info
Two Brothers Exhaust
Blue Flame Carbon Slip-on
Custom Supertrapp Exhaust
MTC Exhausts
Evotech Exhaust Hanger

Electrical
Integrated Tail Light installation
LED Integrated taillight install (w/o removing tail section)
Pod Light Mod
Pro-Sport O2 Gauge
HID Lights
Garage Door Opener
FZ1N Headlight (Naked conversion)
Ivan's FCE (Fuel Cut Eliminator)

Intake
Airbox Mod 1
Airbox Mod 2
AIS Blockoff and AIS thread #2 and AIS removal
BMC Air Filter
Sub-throttle plates info and Instructional Video

Fender Eliminators
Make your own Fender Eliminator!
Rumble Concepts Fender Eliminator
More FE Pics

Controls
ASV Stubby Levers
RAM Mount for GPS

Just for looks!
Yamaha OEM Lower Cowl
Rear Seat Cowl (Copperdog pic)
Lower Fairings

Seats
Sargent Seats
Top Saddlery seat #1

Luggage
Givi quick-release sidemounts
Yamaha Top Case carrier

Suspension/Handling
Ohlins Shock
GPR Steering Stabilizer
Rear shock install and USD fork rebuild

Windshields
Vstream Touring screen

I'll be reviewing and adding to this over time. One thing we are in DESPERATE need of is detailed HOW-TO's for these with pictorials and/or videos. If you can find the time to go rewrite your thread and maybe add pics and steps, we'd all greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Wow that copperdawg website is awesome, i couldn't find a rear seat sowl anywhere! thanks

Yea, he's got the market cornered when it comes to Gen II seat cowls :D

man i order the subthrottle pltes its been 3 weeks and nothing dont recomended

Patrick is a one man operation (well maybe he has a helper or two) so he's typically very busy. Give it some more time as you wont be disappointed with any of his products.

Last edited:
Im trying to find a post that shows the easiest way to connect an accessory power outlet for my GPS or heated gloves, etc. Im sure its pretty easy but Im not sure where to start other than at the battery :eek:

Possible FZ1 Project?

I have an idea for a project bike and would like some feed back from the FZ1 community. I have a line on a 2008 FZ1 with a blown motor. The guy who has the bike is a good friend of mine and will basically give me the bike for next to nothing. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new R1 Crossplane motor in it? What mods would need to be done? I don't know if I could find a cross plane motor for it or not but I thought it would be an interesting project if the motor would fit.

What are your thoughts???????

I have an idea for a project bike and would like some feed back from the FZ1 community. I have a line on a 2008 FZ1 with a blown motor. The guy who has the bike is a good friend of mine and will basically give me the bike for next to nothing. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new R1 Crossplane motor in it? What mods would need to be done? I don't know if I could find a cross plane motor for it or not but I thought it would be an interesting project if the motor would fit.

What are your thoughts???????

I believe there are a lot of differences that would make this a difficult project. I'm not sure the motor mounts are the same? The air intake system is designed completely different thus you'd need that as well. I also think you will need the complete wiring harness and ECU as they are also very different. It would be a stretch but if this is a low cost bike, I'm sure you can find a wrecked FZ1 to swap motors out of, likely using some covers from this bike since a wrecked bike will likely have gouged or broken covers on one side of the other. ;) Or, but it and start parting it out? You'll make a fair amount of profit!

My friend actually has decided to make his 08 FZ1 into a drag bike. He just bought a motor out of a wrecked 07 and already has it mounted in his 08. He added a PCIII and he added a yosh full header exhaust over the weekend. Copperdawg flies, and airbox mod were also added. He is working with a dyno out in western Wisconsin (Eau Claire area) to find the right map for running quarter miles.

I was wondering if anyone makes an extended swingarm for GenII FZ1's?

I will try to get some pics from him and post them.

My friend actually has decided to make his 08 FZ1 into a drag bike. He just bought a motor out of a wrecked 07 and already has it mounted in his 08. He added a PCIII and he added a yosh full header exhaust over the weekend. Copperdawg flies, and airbox mod were also added. He is working with a dyno out in western Wisconsin (Eau Claire area) to find the right map for running quarter miles.

I was wondering if anyone makes an extended swingarm for GenII FZ1's?

I will try to get some pics from him and post them.

Well I've never seen an extended swingarm on an FZ1, but I'm sure someone can custom make one. What seems to be the popular way to go is to use R1 swingarm extensions. They bolt right on as you can see:

attachment.php

Why do none of these links work? They all take me back to the main page, both on the phone and laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably they have not been updated since the site changed net addresses. Someone will get that fixed.

OK I Fixed all the links They work now

Last edited:
Thanks Lee! Forgot all about linkbacks to threads along the way.

I wonder if Dennis can do a database global search & replace? Admin!?!?!?

Ah, wonderful thank you guys! As I'm looking to pick one up today and being new around here there were several interesting looking reads in the OP. Hope yall have a wonderful weekend!

Back