I got married!

Well, this weekend, Virginia and I got married. The event was wonderful, went off with no problems... we had a GREAT time, everyone who was involved made everything run so smoothly that we didn't have to think about anything except our bliss!

Here's a link to the pictures Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Our Wedding W...

These were actually all taken the day after the wedding... so, VA's hair isn't done ... and I obviously wasn't wearing those clothes / shoes for the wedding... but, we don't have the pictures from the photographer yet, so these are just the fun shots we took the day after... we always thought it was a shame that the bride gets to wear her dress for just 1 day, and then it lives on a hanger forever.... so, we decided to get Virginia into her dress for another day after the wedding, and go around to some interesting places back home....

Some other interesting things we did.... no DJ. I ran all of the music off of an iPod Touch... my best man Jon (Ratjag here on the forum) has some primo sound equipment, so we just plugged the iPod in, and let it go... I may post up the playlist if there's any interest in that, but all of the guests (160 or so) stayed rather happy, and the dance floor was packed all night. During cocktail hour, we had a live bluegrass band playing from the Rockbridge County area.... We brought up our beer from here in Boone, A local brewery makes Appalachian Ale, so we brought something that the majority of the guests couldn't get anywhere else... for the wine, we got local Rockbridge Vineyards wine, so it was a taste of Boone for the Beer, and a Taste of Rockbridge County for the wine... we thought it'd be a treat for all of the out of town guests instead of just getting the same wine and beer that they could get anywhere.... more details are sure to come as others ask questions and whatnot, and I'll be getting around to making a blog post after things around here have calmed down a little bit.....

At Stoneridge Bed and Breakfast
IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

At our favorite river spot:
IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2935.JPG

At the local Drive In:

IMG_2976.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

At Foamhenge:
Foamhenge%20Collage.jpg

Thanks Billy!

But... I'm back to school to today, and Virginia is back to work... so... our honeymoon is on hold until about December... but then, when it's 3 degrees here in Boone, we'll be heading to lovely southern California!

Congratulations my friend! You make a handsome couple. The best of luck to you both. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in June!

Congrats Aaron! Great shots and can't wait to see the photographer's POV!

So, you didn't wear a GoPro Hero during the ceremony? No POV video of the reception? ;)

Here's to you and your new bride! Many happy, healthy and wonderful years together!

Some simple advice: Humor, keep things funny! Fights, no need as there isn't anything that can't be settled over a cup of coffee.

All our best from NH!

-Eric

I just looked at the Picasa Album. Great stuff Aaron. I certainly envy you. You guys look really happy together. Definitely a great couple. I love the pics on the billboard, changing the lettering! That was great. Foamhenge was also funny. It looks like you had a great weekend.

Congrats. You look like you are in love and having a great time. I just celebrated my 10th anniversay with a trip to Cave City, Kentucky (actually my 3rd 10th, I've been married twice before) and if I could gve you just a bit of advice, to make it work you must think of her first and she must think of you first. Do this and it'll work forever. It took me far too long to discover this.

it's funny... on the way back from Lexington, VA to Boone, NC, my lovely bride was commenting on what a gorgeous day it was... and what a great riding day it would be....

My response was "yeah... but my front tire is shot."

her response : "So? Get one."

Things are looking good..

Back