New membah in Brooklyn, NYC

Hello all. I thought I posted my intro a few days ago but don't see it. Apologies if it posted twice.
So I just sold my 2002 Kawasaki Concours. Great bike but a real bear in the city riding I primarily do.
I'm looking at an '02 FZ1 tomorrow. May be an FZ1 owner by the afternoon. Woohoo!!
Wondering if there are any members nearby to ride with. Looking forward to my new to me ride.
-ari

Well I was coming from a Concours which in the city is a real bear. Great bike though.
Still gonna use the fz1 as often as possible to get out of the city just not doing 5 day + long distance riding any more.
So what would you say would be a good "city bike"? Just curious.
May be another thread.

Well I was coming from a Concours which in the city is a real bear. Great bike though.
Still gonna use the fz1 as often as possible to get out of the city just not doing 5 day + long distance riding any more.
So what would you say would be a good "city bike"? Just curious.
May be another thread.

if i was going to be in the city primarily i'd get a smaller displacement bike for the fuel economy and maneuverability to zip through traffic. generally you'll get an extra 10-20mpg out of a ~600cc bike vs ~1000cc bike. my fz6 regularly saw 50mpg and my fz1 is typically 35ish. depending on your budget i'd look at the fz07 for a new modern city bike, or more budget minded, a fz6 would be great too, i loved mine for commuting and the occasional weekend trip. depending on you, i'd also look at the WR250R, dual sport gets damn near 70mpg, street legal dirt bike, so you open up that kind of riding too

Thanks jared p. That makes sense. Gonna keep looking for something that might fill both roles. Didn't even cross my mind to think of gas mileage so thanks for that.
Around 70 mpg. Dam. I could get used to that. Maybe 2 bikes is the answer! Maybe I'll ride more. LOL.

Yes, I bought the '02. Still haven't picked it up yet. Been busy at work. Ugghh. It's up in Bridgeport, CT so have to find the time to train it up there and pick it up. Probably on Monday of next week.

Best pie in Brooklyn. Hmmm. I'm not a pie aficionado but, Junior's on Flatbush Ave. is well-known for its cheesecake.

Back