09 First Mods

Im a 53 yr old rider from WI with about 45 yrs riding some sort of bike or another. Last bike was a 01 TL1000R and i picked up my 09 FZ1 last summer. Riding here consist of slabbing for an hour to get to the curvey roads and with that in mind I want to do a small batch of mods to pick up a shot of power and increase rider friendliness. Milking every last hp out of the engine is not the main concern but aesthetics are.
Considered mods,
Cyclenut flash to keep cost down
Slip on
Block off ais
Remove exup
Hi flow air filter

I figure the cost about 750 and i have a question about the slip ons since the two I am considering, I have never seen in person. Those are the Mivv Suano or the Scorpion Serket Parallel. I have read good things about both. The Scorp would tax the budget and the Mivv seems less common and harder to get. Any one have any thought on my plan or which pipe would be better?

Edit; My thoughts are that I will pick up 5-8 hp and with the gains in 1st to 3rdand other perks from the flash will pep this bike up quite a bit.?

Last edited:
Im a 53 yr old rider from WI with about 45 yrs riding some sort of bike or another. Last bike was a 01 TL1000R and i picked up my 09 FZ1 last summer. Riding here consist of slabbing for an hour to get to the curvey roads and with that in mind I want to do a small batch of mods to pick up a shot of power and increase rider friendliness. Milking every last hp out of the engine is not the main concern but aesthetics are.
Considered mods,
Cyclenut flash to keep cost down
Slip on
Block off ais
Remove exup
Hi flow air filter

I figure the cost about 750 and i have a question about the slip ons since the two I am considering, I have never seen in person. Those are the Mivv Suano or the Scorpion Serket Parallel. I have read good things about both. The Scorp would tax the budget and the Mivv seems less common and harder to get. Any one have any thought on my plan or which pipe would be better?

Edit; My thoughts are that I will pick up 5-8 hp and with the gains in 1st to 3rdand other perks from the flash will pep this bike up quite a bit.?

Gonna go with a no. Leave stock exhaust, do a flash, vcycle is your bargain bin flash but if it's what you want go for it. Air filter stock performance is same as "hi-flow", save your money you won't get gains with it. Cut open your airbox inlet to get more airflow is what you need, but your flash won't be tuned for it properly. AIS and EXUP aren't relevant to performance. All slip ons are the same for performance, not all slip ons are the same in quality, avoid 2bros.

Ride stock with the flash. Realize you're not on a sport bike and just enjoy it. Take the money savings and put it into tires and suspension, you want more pep in the step? change sprockets to a -1 front and +3 rear, you lose about 15mph on the top end but do you care about going 150mph instead of 165? your speedo will be off so a speedohealer will be a good idea unless you can get vcycle nut to do the speedo adjust for sprockets, just hope that ftecu has fixed their tables on that because it was off by a good bit last i checked.

Back