I give up please help

I have a 2007 Fz1 and it sputters at low rpm's only when completely warmed up, then under about 2500-3000 it runs bad occasionally dying and turns over about four seconds before starting. I've changed the coils and the plugs, waste of money cause I didn't help. My bike has 57.000 miles on it. Any ideas?

Considering it happens when it’s warmed up it wouldn’t be surprising. At that mileage you should have had two checks/adjustments done by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe time to sync your throttle bodies as well. As your bike warms up the sensors change and so will your fuel injection timing and fuel delivery. Having 4 carbs pulling at different levels can cause sputtering as well if they're off by a lot.

did you replace the coils with new or used ones? is it every cylinder or just specific ones? you gotta do some more diagnosing before throwing parts at it. take a video and upload it.

I replaced the coils and plugs with new ones. This bike has always run perfect.

did you replace the coils with new or used ones? is it every cylinder or just specific ones? you gotta do some more diagnosing before throwing parts at it. take a video and upload it.
I have a noligible X Yamaha mechanic adjusting the valves right now, it needs it anyway and hopefully problem solved.

Your 1st valve adjustment should have been around 30k you are so let due for your we do due for your second valve adj. Syncing your throttle bodies is going to help smooth things out as well.

Back