Battery or ?????

Kang

Hi, Bike would not start for my commute home last night so had to get a jump done.

Charged the battery (yusa) overnight 12hr, put it back on and she fired no problem this morning.
Now.....when I got on the bike to get the centre stand down and drive off the bike completely died????
Turned key on off (few times) and nothing, so had another look and did the mandatory little movement of the battery leads turned key and she fired no problem.
Got in to work and gave it two stop start tests and on the 2nd start it coughed a bit, so looks like I will be jumping for the home commute.

12v socket, heated grips (both being disconnected when I find out which wire is which) and a Flash tune kit also connected.

Im sure the battery is dying/dead (don't know how long its there) but it was the shut down that stumped me?

Sounds like a dead battery, I'd also make sure those accessories aren't plugged directly into the battery and only come on when the bike is turned on.

Battery had a half charge, turned out that the charger I was using was on its last legs. Disconnected heated grips.
The battery is now charged fully and going well (I hope).

Back