07 Fz1: Flat spot 5k - 7k

Just bought a 07 Fz1 and was wondering if i am right that this is just how they come by default with quite lumpy fueling between 5 and 7k ? and would a power commander smooth this out? im very confused about what i need if this is the case, is the cheaper fuel controller enough to do what I want? and as im not after full performance tuning is it likely the default map will smooth out the power for me?

sorry for the million questions in my first post, just a little bit lost on what I need to do! thanks

06 and 07 have some throttle snatch issues around 4 to 5,000 RPM...Ivans ECU flash fixes that...not saying thats your problem but it could be.

thanks guys

Where would I find this "Ivans ECU Flash" to fix it? is it a file I can just put on a Power Commander? is the basic Power Commander Fuel Controller kit enough for this?

thanks guys

Where would I find this "Ivans ECU Flash" to fix it? is it a file I can just put on a Power Commander? is the basic Power Commander Fuel Controller kit enough for this?

No, you would have to send your ECU over to Ivan's for flashing and then he'll send it back. He may have a place in England that does the flash as well. It's a world of difference when you get it back. You'll be smiling for sure! Check his website. Ivan's Performance Products

Hmm, they seem to only stock his parts not actually provide an ECU flashing service.

seems a shame, as i use the bike every day so couldnt really afford the time it would take to ship to the US and back :(

Back