Exup servo

Good day
Been running the stock can for the last 18 months or so with the exup valve wired open ,(gen 2 ) today I decided to put the cables back on , but found the servo motor no longer cycles , I'm guessing the motors seized although I've not done any other checks as yet ,, bike runs well , no check lights on so question is. Shall i just leave it alone ?

I’d say the same as Dicko, take the servo out and buy a servo exup eliminator plug from Ebay at about £35-45
I’d also go to Geoff whale at hilltop motorcycles and get the ecu re flashed with his program. He’s a great tuner has lots of bsb bikes on his books and Danny Buchan bike bsb champ, also Michael Dunlops bike. He really is good and you don’t need to buy a power commander

Here’s the Ebay item number 183004478599 for the servo eliminator

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys guys , I may well go down that road , in the mean time I've noticed the motor isn't seized as I can turn it manually, then when I turn the ignition on it will cycle back to its original position , can someone confirm that it should do a check cycle when you turn on ? I'm positive it used too

Last edited:
Pretty sure it is supposed to cycle.

When you wired the exup valve open, you did disconnect the cables between the valve and the servo didn't you? Most people take the cables out entirely. If you just wired it open without disconnecting the servo, the load on the servo trying to move while it is wired in position would almost certainly have killed it over time.

Pretty sure it is supposed to cycle.

When you wired the exup valve open, you did disconnect the cables between the valve and the servo didn't you? Most people take the cables out entirely. If you just wired it open without disconnecting the servo, the load on the servo trying to move while it is wired in position would almost certainly have killed it over time.

Yes the cables were completely removed as it had a slip on fitted, I only wired the valve open on the std can as I wasn't sure how long I would keep it fitted so didn't want to faff with the cables. Now I know it's not seized I'll probably just leave it as is for the time being, I was more concerned about causing damage somewhere else if it couldn't move at all

Yes the cables were completely removed as it had a slip on fitted, I only wired the valve open on the std can as I wasn't sure how long I would keep it fitted so didn't want to faff with the cables. Now I know it's not seized I'll probably just leave it as is for the time being, I was more concerned about causing damage somewhere else if it couldn't move at all

Hi Delbert

I am new to the forum, i have exactly the same problem, i even bought another fully working exup servo (from a running bike), same problem.
Did you even get yours sorted?

Hi and welcome
No I never got to the bottom of it , I've just left it with cables off and the valve in the exhaust tied in the open position ..
I'd be interested to know why it dosnt cycle anymore

I sent my ECU to Vcyclenut.com and told him all the I did and he flashed accordingly. EXUP was told to stay open. Very nice increase in power on bottom and mid. Had her at 140mph cruising at 3/4 throttle.

Back