Honda Type 2 coolant safe for use on a FZ1 Gen 2

I need to do a coolant change on the FZ1 (Gen II) (it has turned brownish) and wanted to see if people recommend using the Honda Type 2 coolant on this bike? Or is there is another FZ1 forum recommended coolant for this bike (that is not yamacool)?

Also, is the total coolant capacity 2.5 Liters (2.25 L in radiator and 0.25 L in reservoir)?

I use Liquid Ice because of the hot summers in Florida. Shame on you for the brown coolant. There overflow is opaque, so it can be seen with the naked eye.

Everybody should also be aware that 220*F is not hot for the bike. My bike's temp spikes in traffic, but quickly cools down to 200* in the heat. In the winter it runs around 189*.

In addition, if you make regular coolant changes it is much easier to disconnect the hose instead of unscrewing the plug. You will need a few gallons of distilled water to flush the radiator properly if it was neglected.

the yamacool is an ethylene glycol blend. the green prestone would be a good alternative; an excellent brand of coolant, with the right ingredients.
i think the blend ratio may be a bit different between the two aforementioned brands though...

Back