Modular and Multiple Use Helmets

Looking at this Scorpion EXO-AT950 as a possible new lid. For $250 USD it covers a lot of uses. Anyone have any experience with this model or this style of helmet?

scorpion_exoat950_helmet_matte_black.jpg

scorpion_exoat950_helmet_matte_black_3.jpg

scorpion_exoat950_helmet_matte_black_2.jpg

I've been using a flip-up helmet for years now and love 'em. I had an HJC CL-Max which was clunky, loud and cheap but my Schuberth C3 and now C3 Pro have been phenomenal. If you've never had a flip-up before, definitely give one a try.

Now as for that particular Scorpion, I don't have any experience with it. I'm wary of riding a helmet with a 'peak' like that on the street. I can't imagine it'll be very nice on the neck with that big sail attached to the front. Scorpion also does a premium flip-up in the EXO-GT3000. Is there a particular reason you want the ADV style?

That big sail mostly cuts straight through the wind, altho a few people have complained of buffeting at high speeds. Personally there are a lot of days when i was riding into the sun that I would have loved to have that one, and having it be removable like that is even better.

I've been using a flip-up helmet for years now and love 'em. I had an HJC CL-Max which was clunky, loud and cheap but my Schuberth C3 and now C3 Pro have been phenomenal. If you've never had a flip-up before, definitely give one a try.

Now as for that particular Scorpion, I don't have any experience with it. I'm wary of riding a helmet with a 'peak' like that on the street. I can't imagine it'll be very nice on the neck with that big sail attached to the front. Scorpion also does a premium flip-up in the EXO-GT3000. Is there a particular reason you want the ADV style?

I like the styling of the helmet with and with out the peak. It has a modern aggressive look with or without the peak. I love the idea of it being a flip up as well. Seems like a good thing to have when stopping just to fill up, make a quick call or flip it up for a cool down now and then in the summer months.

The fact that is it around $250 shipped is nice too.

Back