I'm back on a Yamaha 1000

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Well this season Ill be racing and coaching on a 2016 R1. I built it for a customer at a shop I work for. He fell on hard times so I got it at a steal. 2016 1,450 miles. Armour Bodies body work, Brembo 19x18, Brembo T Drive rotors, Translogic Qs Auto blip and pit lane warm up,Evol tech rear sets and clip ons driven sprockets gas cap and misc GP suspension 25 carts up front and the sweetest ass penske made in the rear. Some things need to be changed and some other stuff added but all in all I'm pretty happy.

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Well this season Ill be racing and coaching on a 2016 R1. I built it for a customer at a shop I work for. He fell on hard times so I got it at a steal. 2016 1,450 miles. Armour Bodies body work, Brembo 19x18, Brembo T Drive rotors, Translogic Qs Auto blip and pit lane warm up,Evol tech rear sets and clip ons driven sprockets gas cap and misc GP suspension 25 carts up front and the sweetest ass penske made in the rear. Some things need to be changed and some other stuff added but all in all I'm pretty happy.
That's a beauty, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Let me know how you like the auto blip; looking to add it to my R1...

Will do.Im going to sell the translogic stuff in a bit. Im going to use a different flash Which will enable auto blip through the ECU. With the flash you can do multiple shifts at once. With the translogic you can only do one at a time.

WHAT?! WHAT ECU FLASH?
i'm sure it wouldn't apply to my 07 R1, but tell me more/ point me in the right direction!

On the 07 I don't believe you can gain that by flashing but you can still have that ECU flashed to unlock a lot of stuff(like directly pinning a quick shifter into it). I think the same auto blip unit for the R6 works on the R1. I'll see what information I can find out in the next day or two.

well, hell, i've got a pair of r1 wheels listed here...
i did some searching around regarding the auto blip/ flash; looks like it would not be an option for me (as suspected).

well, hell, i've got a pair of r1 wheels listed here...
i did some searching around regarding the auto blip/ flash; looks like it would not be an option for me (as suspected).

I guess they weren't ride by wire till 2009. What year wheels do you have? I can only use the 15 up, need the harmonics for wheel speed.

ah, yes, i've seen those on SBU.com
that's actually an 07/08 r1 pictured there at the top of page.
i believe the ycc-t intro for r6 was 06, and the r1 was 07.
good to hear, my man. i'll talk with SBU about getting this.

Back