Helmet Preview: The New Shoei Neotec II

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Choosing not to rest on their laurels, Shoei has taken an already excellent modular helmet design in the popular Neotec (see our review) and made it even more worth our hard earned dollars in the new Neotec II. Features and Benefits Multi-Purpose Utility The Neotec II is touted as the premier, multi purpose helmet by ...
The post Helmet Preview: The New Shoei Neotec II appeared first on Web Bike World.

More...

Choosing not to rest on their laurels, Shoei has taken an already excellent modular helmet design in the popular Neotec (see our review) and made it even more worth our hard earned dollars in the new Neotec II. Features and Benefits Multi-Purpose Utility The Neotec II is touted as the premier, multi purpose helmet by ...
The post Helmet Preview: The New Shoei Neotec II appeared first on Web Bike World.

More...

"already excellent modular helmet design" I beg to differ .. I'm on my 3:rd Neotec . The first one was leaking in wind near the left eye and water from the top seal, and spitting water on my glasses from he chin vent. The hinges wore out during the first months of commuting, and the chin bar would fall down when hitting cracks in the pavement. I tried to tighten up the mechanism but after a day or two it was the same again. I sent it in for repair two times , it came back equally leaky but with the hinges fixed and with the chin vent fixed. I finally crashed and got another one on the insurance. It was equally bad. It was sent to Shoei for repairs 4 times, they fixed the hinges each time, but it was still leaking in wind and water. This was within the first year. I finally asked for a refund but didn't get one. They decided to send me a third one. Needles to say, it's the same leaks, but the hinges have been holding up these first 5 months, and it's color matched to my bike.

It's really comfy, and really loud. and really good looking. And if you lean forward on your bike the eyeport cuts your field of view because it's built for people that sit straight in the saddle. Ah, and if you just want to crack it open a couple of mils to get some air in , forget it, it either a finger wide or closed.

It's definitely not worth the 600+ dineros premium price, and I wouldn't buy a version 2 of a turd. I just tried the X-Lite X-1004 and it's superior in all ways but one: the opening button, which is harder to open with gloves, but I guess you get used to it. Otherwise it's much lighter, built to be ridden open as well so the chin bar won't close and block your view, the interior is vastly superior materials, and it cracks open just enough to get some air in without getting a jet in your eyes. I'd recommend the X-1004 any day before a Neotec. And it's cheaper.

Back