2018 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

We might as well get this started and post any news from the teams and such here.

I am hoping this was not a fluke season from Dovi, I hope to see him on top a bunch more in this upcoming season.

I also have big hopes for Zarco, he was getting more consistent as the year went on.

Watching the testing in Valencia atm.

Go Miller! He's riding the Pramac Ducati faster than he did on his Honda in the race yesterday.

He's also faster than any Ducati rider yesterday too.

The commentators say that he uses a ton of rear brake which is exactly what is needed to ride the Ducati fast.
Looking like it was a good move for him.

Last edited:
Watching the testing in Valencia atm.

Go Miller! He's riding the Pramac Ducati faster than he did on his Honda in the race yesterday.

He's also faster than any Ducati rider yesterday too.

The commentators say that he uses a ton of rear brake which is exactly what is needed to ride the Ducati fast.
Looking like it was a good move for him.

Sometimes you really need to pair a rider with the right bike.

Interesting to see Yamaha doing so much testing with the 2016 frame, and then Zarco goes out on the 2017 frame and loves it.....

Vinales said he still prefers the 2017 frame too. But said they both have pros and cons (2017 less cons than 2016), and they need to work to address them and bring them closer together. Rossi said similar, but that he likes the feel of the 2016 more and wants them to make the 2018 work like the 17, but feel like the 16!

Folger is out for 2018. His Gilbert Syndrome isn't under control and he made the decision to bow out. Tech 3 now has an empty seat a couple of weeks before the Sepang test.

“I’m incredibly sad to be saying this, but I will not be racing MotoGP in 2018," said Folger. "I wasn’t able to make the improvements I was hoping for, and at this stage I don’t feel able to ride a MotoGP machine at 100 percent.

"I hope to be back one day and want to thank you all for your ongoing support.”

I'm totally bummed for Folger and for Tech 3

This makes me sad. I like Folger and hope he is able to return. Sitting out a season isn't good for ones career. To much competition for seats these days. Ive been trying to figure out who might get that seat but no one is really standing out, in my mind.

Sounds like Yonny Hernandez is going to be testing for Tech 3 at Sepang. I don't think he'll get the permanent ride but I guess his input will be useful for testing. I like Yonny, maybe he'll land a seat.

JOhnny Hernandez is the top pick currently, and is doing the Sepang test. Herve has said he also has a few other riders he is looking at.

Already an interesting season with Tech 3 switching to KTM next year to run factory bikes for 3 years. Zarco on fire, Honda in the right place for the start of the season, Dovi is happy, Jorge is happier than this time last year, Petrucci is strong along with Crutchlow. Miller and Rins are right in the mix too. The only problem is Yamaha factory team have done a Honda and not listened to their riders and produced a bike the riders can't get along with. And Iannone has lifted his game too.

So you have the standard line up of potential winners

Marquez & Dani on the Honda
Dovi and Jorge on the Ducati
the Yamaha boys (Vale & Maverick) can turn it on when they get the right track.

And with those 6 riders you also have proven winners

Cal, Iannone and Jack (all looking stronger and happier this year than last)

Then the potential winners who I expect to get there this year

Petrucci, Zarco and Rins

that brings the potential winners this season to 12!!!

I am really looking forward to this season!!!

Back