Constructive criticism on getting better 1/4 mile times

silentcropduster

https://youtu.be/LAKYXX0_A7Y

My best run today at the track was an 11.2 @ 130 mph, i cant seem to launch any harder either i bog down or i slip the clutch too much. Some of you are in the 9s, I just dont see how lol

Tires are Bridgestone T30 EVO's back was at 25 psi, no slipping, stock gearing, other mods on sig.

I'd say 25psi in your rear tyre is too low. Why have you set it so low?
That will cause friction and drag. I'd say unless your tyre is spinning I'd only go a few psi lower if at all. I also have the T30 Evo and I run mine at 41R-35F. I can launch hard and as long as the tyre is up to heat it grips like shit to a blanket. If it spins up I'd say the tyre is too cold. I'd be more worried about the front wheel lifting with the grip the rear puts down. Just sayin bro

I'd say 25psi in your rear tyre is too low. Why have you set it so low?
That will cause friction and drag. I'd say unless your tyre is spinning I'd only go a few psi lower if at all. I also have the T30 Evo and I run mine at 41R-35F. I can launch hard and as long as the tyre is up to heat it grips like shit to a blanket. If it spins up I'd say the tyre is too cold. I'd be more worried about the front wheel lifting with the grip the rear puts down. Just sayin bro
I had grip issues with my last set of tires sobi set it there by default. I'll only lower it a few psi next time 2 see if that makes a difference.

I can tell u that it was hot as balls that day 90oF with almost 100% humidity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After some practice my best is now 10.2 only change was catless headers, seems to have less low and more high end, which helps with launching!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Showing my age, went down last Wednesday evening. My best is now 11.01 at around 200kph (I'd have to look it up) I stuffed my best launch with a missed shift but still got 11.12 on that one so mid to low 10s might have been on! Anyone tells you its easy to go in a straight line has not had a go!

Back