Back in the saddle after a year

ferraiolo1

So after selling my Gen1 last April to fund new house projects, and only riding my dirtbike all summer, I decided it was time to get another street bike. Just so happened my buddy wanted out of his payments on his Gen2. He bought the bike two years ago from the original owner who was a female motorcycle safety course instructor. Bit was perfect when he bought it with 7k miles and bone stock. He wanted me to get him all the parts I thought he needed so we added Mivv slip on, windscreen, oxford grips, tail tidy, front and rear lights, Vled headlights, FP grips, angel GTs, frame sliders, and a few other little things.

He only put 2500 miles on it before selling it to me for 5k and threw in a XDs 9mm, so I couldn't pass that deal up.

I picked it up last Saturday, its been in the 30s and snowing since so haven't gotten to ride it much but I did install the R1 shock and adapter last night I bought on here.

I have on order; PC5, BMC air filter, AIS plates, spark plugs, -1 front sprocket, and PJs new carbon belly pan ill be the test mule for. I talked to Ivan, ill be doing his ECU work at some point this year. After doing the full monte on my gen1 with all dales parts I figured ill give the other side a try.

My roommate, who totaled his R6, ( 404 Not Found ) finally took my advice and decided to also buy a FZ. He found a almost stock 2010 with 8k on it for $5k at a local Honda dealer and picked it up, was on consignment there for the original owner. He will be doing similar mods, but with the copperdawg naked front end

So out with our two old yamahas, in with the new ones!

Attachments

• IMG_7300.JPG
    IMG_7300.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7301.JPG
    IMG_7301.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7303.JPG
    IMG_7303.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7304.JPG
    IMG_7304.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7224.jpg
    IMG_7224.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7324.PNG
    IMG_7324.PNG
    530.8 KB · Views: 75
Welcome back and congrats! Nice job and you'll be overjoyed with Ivan's flash. It really is a whole new experience when he is done with it. Great looking rides!

Well after talking with IVANs shop, ordering a PCV, I decided not to go that route, even though I know its a big no no. I canceled my order. Going with Vcyclenut, his customer service is awesome, and I have yet to see a negative review. I couldn't justify the almost $700 to essentially do the same thing vcycle charges $200 for. Im not one to get super finicky with tuning so no reason for a PC.

Installed a -1 front sprocket and R1 rear shock last night. Waiting for my filter, plugs, and AIS to come in then ill be sending my ECU out.

Well I have done quite a bit since my last post. Had the flash done (amazing), graves vstacks, lars mod, fuel line mod, footpeg washer mod, new plugs, ais delete, servo shelf, some carbon bits, PJs carbon belly pan, CD windscreen, Bar end mirrors, 905 race bars, Proton 500 signals, headlight pod lights, new s21s, Superlite rear sprocket, shogun spools, SS brake lines, and im sure a few other things. Loving this bike

4.jpg

I have been riding for over 30 years. Sometimes in the dead of winter my bike will sit in the garage for up to 3 weeks without moving, but going a year without is like giving up sex.
[video=youtube;Qj3p59T69hA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj3p59T69hA[/video]

Back