Anyone here with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III

Hi All..

I'm looking around for new FZ1N tires and am leaning towards Dunlop RoadSmart 3's BUT the Rosso 3's are also getting good reviews.

Anyone here got any first hand information re: these? I ride and commute in all weather conditions so wet condition reviews are also important for me.

What did you have prior to Rosso 3's?

Thanks in advance.

LL

I love them, better durability than the Rosso 2, better feel in the twisties and are confidence inspiring. I haven't ridden them in the wet, but they are good in the cold. I am running the 55 rear.

I love them, better durability than the Rosso 2, better feel in the twisties and are confidence inspiring. I haven't ridden them in the wet, but they are good in the cold. I am running the 55 rear.

I'm also planning to go 55 this time...

How many K's have you got on them now? And what did you change from?

The 2's were known for their soft tread and a friend of mine only got 7k kms from him BMW S1000R (and he doesn't even ride that hard).

I'm not expecting them to last the same as my existing PR4's (about 16K Kms) but a bit more mileage than the Ross 2's would be great.

I've got a quote of $510 (fitted with 55 rear) so that's not too bad.

Thanks for that.

I haven't got many Ks on them yet, put them on earlier this year but the weather here has been rubbish, finally warming up now.

I had Rosso 2 on before and they were a lot softer in the middle (flattened the middle of the tyre out pretty quick), I got not much over 8500km out of them before I had the wire showing. Before that the 222s which were rubbish tyres. The Rosso 3 feel better than the 2 in my opinion and so far no flattening off of the tyre which the 2s would have started by now.

I got well over 8000 km out of my rosso II, I expect more out of the III. These are sport tires, not tourers so you will get a much better feel, but less mileage out of them.

I got mine on special through bike biz in Sydney.

Yamaha World would have matched the price. Had I known at the time I would have got them through those guys.

Down the back right hand corner of the accessories section they have a wall of tires. If they don't have what you are after, they will order it in. They are moving up the road next to the Harley shop soon.

Back