new paint?

bunky

Has anyone done a paint job on a Gen I bike?
Looking at repainting my 03 silver and going with a burnt orange.
I know the silver is a great color, but I want my baby to stand out.
What cost am I looking at and yes... a pro will be doing it. Just want to know the cost will be ....ballpark folks.
As always, thanks.

I spent $250 on a paintjob on my '12, paint included. I removed all of the parts from the bike and replaced them on the bike. The bodyshop was responsible for removing and replacing any plastic or rubber attached to the parts being painted, sanding, and painting. Since the rear bodywork on my bike was already black, I only had the tank, airbox cover, and front fender done.

My profile pic shows the finished product. I have some other pics in threads, but I can't remember which ones. I had a thread going when I bought the bike called "Where to get parts?". If you look that up I'm pretty sure I put up pics as it was being built. Compare the bike in my profile pic to a stock photo of a '12 FZ1 for a quick comparo.

GEDC0066.JPG

bike belongs to iluvmyfz1 on the other forum. It's an 03.

You should PM JprgFan. He had a 02 FZ1 that was amazing. He told me the color combination but I can't remember exactly how it went...several colors were blended together. It was really a beautiful bike.

RedFZ1_zps12bdd4e5.jpg

Thanks Wolftamer. I had thought of that bike, too. It is so excellent! I hope the OP will contact the owner of iluvmyfz1 on the other forum for paint info...

Last edited:
Back