Some graphics on full cowling or not?

This is my 2008 bike with full cowling, LED blinkers (Yamaha genuine) and LED tail light. Do you think I should have some graphics on the cowling or not?

dsc07689j.jpg

dsc07690k.jpg

dsc07691x.jpg

dsc07692we.jpg

dsc07693.jpg

dsc07694.jpg

dsc07695s.jpg

dsc07696a.jpg

dsc07697wy.jpg

dsc07698x.jpg

dsc07699j.jpg

Last edited:
That bike looks sweet! For some guys, the "bare" look is okay, but for me I need some kind of graphics on my fairings. Not too much but just some....

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

I guess it comes down to preference. I'm one of those "race bike" lovers who could never be a racer so I live vicariously through my bike. Haha!

It makes it stick out a bit, But there are other ways to make it do that. Rim tape, Halo headlights, and other aftermarket parts. Personally I think you're bike looks "Clean&Sweet". Or you can put them on and tell the single ladies you're a professional rider.:sport12:

I wouldn't touch it,that thing is beautiful. Love the clean look,plus it makes it a little harder to identify just in case you get out of control....heh heh.

Only put graphics on your bike if the vendor/company pays you or gives steep discounts to put them there.

But I wouldn't provide free advertising repli-racer style...

Hi acim, some smashing pic's you have posted showing a well presented bike, I to have fairing lowers on my machine and i m o they really set it off.

Having said that,from my experence they are not to everyone's taste a lot of guys like to be able to see their engine, as for me like yourself I think they look great.

If you can get hold of the genuine "FZ1" or "FAZER" decals to stick along the top sides of your new fairing they will set it off a treat. Here in England I have the "FAZER" one's on mine and they are just enough to take away that bare expance of plastic, but at the end of the day like most things it's all down to individual preference. Anyway I think its a great looking bike.

Can you send some hires pictures, please? I was actually thinking of that, just to put small Fazer after the blinkers. I can't get original decal, but I think some company with cutter could do that.

Can you send some hires pictures, please? I was actually thinking of that, just to put small Fazer after the blinkers. I can't get original decal, but I think some company with cutter could do that.

Soon as I can, will take some pictures and post them for you.

I normally throw on a few decals just to personalize a bit but after getting mine back and really thinking about it I've decided to keep it original this time. It's really a personal thing and there's no right or wrong to it but.......when you get pulled over for exceeding the speed limit, don't think the officer is going to miss those racing decals either.....Billy?

Just kidding but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Billy's bike.

I have the gray 2008 like you have, but I do not have the lower fairings. I personally wouldn't put the decals on but, hey, it's your bike. If you like them put them on.

Well over the Winter I too installed the full factory fairings on my bike. They hide the original FZ1 decals on the bottom of the front cowling. And while I'm not that big a fan of decals I have purchased the stock FZ1 ones and will be installing them when the weather gets a little warmer. The end product should look much like thecert's bike, but will say FZ1 instead of Fazer. I was also contemplating adding some YAMAHA decals in black along the side of the fairings toward the bottom.

Michele will be sporting full fairings as well, but she is undecided on the decals. We'll see how it looks with the new paint and all put together first then she will think about different decals. If she does, it will be more subtle than overboard. :D

Personally, I think the granite gray looks awesome without any dressing!

I normally throw on a few decals just to personalize a bit but after getting mine back and really thinking about it I've decided to keep it original this time. It's really a personal thing and there's no right or wrong to it but.......when you get pulled over for exceeding the speed limit, don't think the officer is going to miss those racing decals either.....Billy?

Just kidding but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Billy's bike.

Fortunately it only took me one speeding ticket (the bike was naked at the time) to deter me from getting another. My speeding days are over, going on two years now. My decals are "All show and no go" so the Coppers are S&%T out of luck. They will have to find some other guy to pull over for "over the limit".

Back