K

k27

Still in process of building, though...

022443508.jpg

022443504.jpg

022443498.jpg

022443502.jpg

022443500.jpg

I bought it in a very poor condition but little by little it is getting back to what it should look like... at least in my eyes...
A lot of things were not stock when i got it, so I had really hard time with this boy...

Rebuilded (new):
- front forks - front suspension
- rear suspension
- new paint job

Replaced:
- spark plugs
- battery
- brake pads - front and rear
- motor oil & oil filter
- thermostat
- coolant
- air filter (K&N)
- clutch (complete set)
- chain (DID Gold)
- gear wheels (fromt and rear)

Upgrades:
- wheels from R1
- tires (rear 190/50/17)
- custom rear brake disk with custom flange
- custom handlebars
- custom headlights & blinkers
- custom taillights & blinkers
- custom tail and seats
- akrapovic muffler
- bike is lowered 2 cm. front and 4 cm. rear

Just a small part of what of all I've done to the bike to bring it back to life... but I am happy with the result. There are a lot of things still to be done like handlebar damper & custom stand, jet kit, etc, but I hope to finish it in a couple of months and be ready for the spring season.

Nice.
I like the original tail. Its a huge improvement when "sporting" up these things!
Do you have two HID housings up front?

Thanks for the good words, guys.
I appreciate you like the bike and this gives me much motivation to continue with the rebuild, because it already took a lot of my time and money.
I will find old pictures of it (as of the state that I bought it) because whatever I write shall not be enough to judge the amount of work it took, rather than see what it was when I got it.

... Do you have two HID housings up front?
No, these are normal lights with lenses.

I want to know where or what bike did the tail section come from?...
It is from a Suzuki but I do not know the exact model. I gave the old tail to a bodyshop and they produced a new one for me, taking sample from the old one which was cracked and scratched.

Here is the bike's condition when I bought it.

Lying down in the mud, with narrower wheels from a smaller bike, battery acid pouring down on the rear suspension (see the yellow colour?), handlebars broken and then welded, instruments not working, blocked front suspension, muffler from a 600cc bike, etc., in general - everything is a mess, I cannot list down all the damage done to this boy by its former "owner". See for yourselves:

017894506.jpg

017894505.jpg

017894502.jpg

It took more than a half an hour at a carwash to get the most of the dirt and mud away:

017894522.jpg

Still I had to further clean it by hand but it did not border me since the bike was to be brought apart to pieces anyway - for cleaning, painting and servicing:

017894310.jpg

017894303.jpg

017894302.jpg

017894283.jpg

017894278.jpg

After that the story is long. But the result is up in my first post.

Thanks, man!
It deserved it. Because no bike deserves the fate that mine had.
The moment I saw it my mind told me that I should walk away... but my heart told me that I should take it... and let this boy see better days.
After so much work on it, so much trouble and fight with all the damage that was done to it, I felt bonded to it. Kind of a special bond since it came back to life through all these efforts. Sometimes I got angry, sometimes I told myself WTF, am I stupid? But then again, when my furry was over and I took a look at the boy, I knew that it deserved a better day.
Sorry, I got carried away a bit...

Thanks, guys.
Early next week the hadlebar damper stand (custom made) shall arrive and next step is take measurements for the fork brackets to which the damper shall be connected.

Wow! That was a wreck! Reminds me of one of the original Herbie the Love Bug movies where he was trashed and in the junk yard. Then was found by someone who was told by friends "You're crazy!" but took it anyway and turned Herbie back into a sweet machine.

You were crazy, just "Crazy right!" Nice job! :tup:

Ordered this from Ebay.de. It is a FZ6 rear fender.

022491826.jpg

Hope it will fit.
Anybody tried this rear fender on a Gen 1 FZ1?

That's right. And it is what borders me.
The other concern is shall the mounting holes of the rear fender fit the rear arm mounting holes? And another concern - I do not know if there is a pass-way for th rear break hose of the FZ1 in the newer FZ6 fender.
Anyway, all can be fixed and fitted, should there not be great bulk differences.
This was the closests-fitting-rear-fender that I could think of.
Pictures will flow when the fender comes... :)

The damper stand is ready in its draft variant (sorry for the bad quality pictures).

022502349.jpg

022502351.jpg

022502353.jpg

It needs further corrections - the lower part shall be shortened by 15 mm. and the upper part shall be shortened by 5 mm. On the upper part a small collar shall be shaped to give the damper a possibility for vertical tilt. Also, the upper part shall be shaved to an octagon shape. Afterwards, measurements for upper fork brakets shall be taken. I have to connect this frame to the handlebars. :)

Back