Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: FZ1 Misfire

Lightbulb FZ1 Misfire

Hi guys...new to this forum but desperate for help!
    I have an 08 plated FZ1000 that has a mysterious misfire/cutting out problem
    The bike runs fine for about 15 miles then starts to misfire at around 4000 revs and then eventually cuts out all together.
    I have ran the diagnostic on the bike & changed the plugs & coils as it suggested to no avail still runs like a bag of spanners...has anybody experienced this or has any suggestions??? please...help...before my patience runs out...

It could be plugged gas tank vent either outside or crimped under the tank.

What other mods? Fuel programmer? What was done prior to this happening? Check fuel lines, it's a common pinch item. Did you replace coils and plugs with new or used coils? Some guys buy em used since they're so expensive and get duds. Is it specific to any cylinders or all across the board?