Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 1,581 to 1,588 of 1588

Hi to all,

I am driving a 2007 fz1 naked and I'm loving it.
    Before I had a cbr600f from 1995 so this is a big upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1NL View Post
    Hi to all,

I am driving a 2007 fz1 naked and I'm loving it.
    Before I had a cbr600f from 1995 so this is a big upgrade
    Welcome!!!
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

Hi everyone,

Its been a lifelong dream to ride a motorcycle and finally, just in time for my 27th birthday I bought myself a beautiful FZ1 with 5k miles on it. I would have got a bike earlier in life but looking back Im glad I went through my reckless phase first. I live in the SF Bay Area, Let me know if you are nearby, we can go rideee!!

Welcome aboard.

Hope you enjoy the FZ1, be careful with it, it can be a handful for a first bike if you twist that throttle too quickly.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfRockstar View Post
    Hi everyone,

Its been a lifelong dream to ride a motorcycle and finally, just in time for my 27th birthday I bought myself a beautiful FZ1 with 5k miles on it. I would have got a bike earlier in life but looking back Im glad I went through my reckless phase first. I live in the SF Bay Area, Let me know if you are nearby, we can go rideee!!
    Welcome to the best waste of time in the world! Now go do some track courses.
    Some quick advice :
    When you are scraping your pegs in every corner, you are starting to get near the edge of the tire. Then you can lean a quite a bit more.
    I crashed first time when I was starting to get good at it, after a year and a half. The road turned too quickly, and I panicked. Learn how to deal with that on the track where there are no trees

Buy the right tires for what you do, race tires don't get hot enough on the street.

Buy the most expensive gear that you can afford. It's there to save your ass, and if you don't crash, you'll have to wear it for several years

Learn how to do panic breaking, when you can do small stoppies you basically have it under control.

Other than that have fun. The fz1 is a great bike

Sent from X-wing
    ----------------------------
    Live long, and prosper !

Hi.
    Got an FZ1 S last week. I'd been riding a Honda Hornet 900 919 for 3 years and loved it. It was the best bike I'd ever had. However, a guy in my barrio was selling the FZ1 at a knock down price - so much so I was worried about it! He wanted 4,000 euros for an immaculate 2009 with only 27,000km on it. I had to buy it.
    I've only had one ride on it. It's wonderful! I'm so pleased I bought it and look forward to riding it for many years to come.....if I hang on to my licence that is!
    Best wishes
    Neil

New member welcome thread...-la-mueal-sunday-17th-sept-2017.jpg

Welcome aboard, Yes the FZ1 is a very nice bike to ride. Glad you found that out!
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Welcome Neil! Great purchase and awesome picture, too! I had a 919 in the past and loved it as well but I think you'll find your new FZ1 to be more... thrilling. Enjoy!

Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159