Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Switch ECU from JPN=>EURO

Guys, hello
    I need your advice, I have Japanese version of FZ1'11,which is electronically detuned to 90rwhp, and limited with 112 mph speed limit.

From junkyard I've bought ECU from EURO version of FZ1'06(no speed or power limits). Its just a box, without wiring, keys or immo antenna.

Japanese and Euro versions of FZ1 both have immobilizer module(unlike USA FZ1).

I would like to install it, but have several questions:
    1) does anybody know, are both ecu have the same wiring? It should be plug and play, I suppose?
    2) Will I have problems with dashboard?
    3) How to reroute problems with IMMO. I think it won't start with new ecu, without right immo module. I saw immo emulator on ali/ebay. Does anybody have experience with it?

Thank you in advance!

Отправлено с моего SM-G955F через Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bnr54 View Post
    Guys, hello
    I need your advice, I have Japanese version of FZ1'11,which is electronically detuned to 90rwhp, and limited with 112 mph speed limit.

From junkyard I've bought ECU from EURO version of FZ1'06(no speed or power limits). Its just a box, without wiring, keys or immo antenna.

Japanese and Euro versions of FZ1 both have immobilizer module(unlike USA FZ1).

I would like to install it, but have several questions:
    1) does anybody know, are both ecu have the same wiring? It should be plug and play, I suppose?
    2) Will I have problems with dashboard?
    3) How to reroute problems with IMMO. I think it won't start with new ecu, without right immo module. I saw immo emulator on ali/ebay. Does anybody have experience with it?

Thank you in advance!

Guys, any ideas?

If you send the ECU you have to an ECU flasher such as Ivan, they can remove all the restrictions and keep the immobilizer functional. Keep your existing ECU and get that one flashed, it will end up better than the stock Euro one too.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    If you send the ECU you have to an ECU flasher such as Ivan, they can remove all the restrictions and keep the immobilizer functional. Keep your existing ECU and get that one flashed, it will end up better than the stock Euro one too.
    Ivan or vcyclenut doesnt work with japanese/euro ECU

those are some pretty harsh restrictions...

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto_d View Post
    those are some pretty harsh restrictions...
    4 example?Switch ECU from JPN=>EURO

To use ecu with immobilizer you will need the matching ign switch as it has a code reader attached also the key as it has a chip inside it for the code reader to read , on top of this the wiring harness it different to accomidate the code reader,, also the dash has an led fitted , weather this is significant I don't know but the harness must be different again
    Last edited by delbert; 04-15-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is

Done it!
    No need in rewiring harness, only immo emulator from Aliexpress)
    Now no speed limit, and redline 12500!

Very happy!