Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Bright bulbs

Default Bright bulbs

Can anyone recommend a super bright headlight bulb (H4)
    Are led bulbs any good?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    Can anyone recommend a super bright headlight bulb (H4)
    Are led bulbs any good?
    Thanks
    For drop in halogen replacements, you can't get much better than Philips Xtreme Vision. As far as LED is concerned, there are some great options out there that offer a lot of light but be wary of cheap eBay offerings as they may not provide the spread and cut off you need to actually have effective light on the road

I use the Narva Arctic white globes and am happy with them.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Straight swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
    Straight swap?
    Yes they are H4 globes, so a straight swap.

You can buy them and plenty of other ones from here:

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/...ing/h4-472/all

Don't forget to use the 20% off code found at the top of the web page and they deliver to Oz.
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

I put in some amazon H4 cree LEDs. Had to modify the boots a little bit. They are ferociously bright but scatter a bit at the top of the low beams. I would say any high quality 40w LED will probably outperform a halogen but a straight swap is easier.
    Here is a pic of the front of the bike with the halogen and the LED installed, obviously the LED is the pure white one. I did not get to show the diff at night but it is significant. Also the 6000K looks really sharp and is easier to see in the day. I did have to adjust the LEDs up as they only shown out about 40-50 feet and the scattering was most pronounced there at the top. I am happy with them, but would have gone with higher quality bulbs if I had it to do again. Maybe something from super bright LEDs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bright bulbs-lights.jpg