Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Touch-up Paint?

Default Touch-up Paint?

Vandals struck my garage last night, kicking in a window that was right over my new FZ1. There are scratches down to bare metal on my tank and fairing now. So I was wondering...what is the best source of touch-up paint for Cobalt Blue Yammie? Should I go with the dealer, or are there better options?

The dealer could most likely get you the touch up paint.

For online here are 2 suppliers: ColorRite Motorcycle Paint and 66 Auto Color paint specializing in Spray Max professional auto paint and motorcycle paint..

Also check with some of the local paint shops.

Thanks NHFZ1, I've ordered from ColorRite.

FYI, (for anyone with Cobalt Blue), there is a base color plus top color, so you need both to match. I also got primer and the kit. The whole shebang is almost $90 shipped (as of Sept. '14), but it does seem like a complete kit for fixes, and ColorRite say the pens last for 7 years.

I haven't attempted to buy any touch-up paint for my FZ1, but have indeed gone through the process with my R1 (blue as well). I was NOT impressed with Color-rite's prices, nor their customer service. It's as if they don't need you as a customer. I also looked into their reviews online, as I know fellow riders that have gone the Color-rite route, and have not been happy with the product. I saw enough negative reviews (mainly about color's matching) that I opted to go a different route. It would be cool to hear your opinion/experience.