Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FZ1inTX (OP)
    Adminstrator Gen II Mods?  Start here! FZ1inTX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gen II Mods? Start here!

One sticky should direct you where you need to go. Why would we want you to have to look for things that we can direct you to easily!

Here's a list of links to threads in this forum for the Gen II FZ1 mods that members have done to their bikes. If I am missing one, or you're about to post one that either enhances an existing thread, replaces an outdated one or is a new one, please PM one of the super mods or an admin (or just me) and I'll link it up in here. Thanks and enjoy!

MODS:

Exhaust
    A wealth of exhaust info
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    Blue Flame Carbon Slip-on
    Custom Supertrapp Exhaust
    MTC Exhausts
    Evotech Exhaust Hanger

Electrical
    Integrated Tail Light installation
    LED Integrated taillight install (w/o removing tail section)
    Pod Light Mod
    Pro-Sport O2 Gauge
    HID Lights
    Garage Door Opener
    FZ1N Headlight (Naked conversion)
    Ivan's FCE (Fuel Cut Eliminator)

Intake
    Airbox Mod 1
    Airbox Mod 2
    AIS Blockoff and AIS thread #2 and AIS removal
    BMC Air Filter
    Sub-throttle plates info and Instructional Video

Fender Eliminators
    Make your own Fender Eliminator!
    Rumble Concepts Fender Eliminator
    More FE Pics

Controls
    ASV Stubby Levers
    RAM Mount for GPS

Just for looks!
    Yamaha OEM Lower Cowl
    Rear Seat Cowl (Copperdog pic)
    Lower Fairings

Seats
    Sargent Seats
    Top Saddlery seat #1

Luggage
    Givi quick-release sidemounts
    Yamaha Top Case carrier

Suspension/Handling
    Ohlins Shock
    GPR Steering Stabilizer
    Rear shock install and USD fork rebuild

Windshields
    Vstream Touring screen

I'll be reviewing and adding to this over time. One thing we are in DESPERATE need of is detailed HOW-TO's for these with pictorials and/or videos. If you can find the time to go rewrite your thread and maybe add pics and steps, we'd all greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!
    Last edited by FZ1inTX; 09-26-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Wow that copperdawg website is awesome, i couldn't find a rear seat sowl anywhere! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjfreuland View Post
    Wow that copperdawg website is awesome, i couldn't find a rear seat sowl anywhere! thanks
    man i order the subthrottle pltes its been 3 weeks and nothing dont recomended

Quote Originally Posted by mjfreuland View Post
    Yea, he's got the market cornered when it comes to Gen II seat cowls

Quote Originally Posted by evotorres View Post
    man i order the subthrottle pltes its been 3 weeks and nothing dont recomended
    Patrick is a one man operation (well maybe he has a helper or two) so he's typically very busy. Give it some more time as you wont be disappointed with any of his products.
    Last edited by NJFZ1; 04-24-2010 at 04:42 AM.

I got my CD flies in no time.

Im trying to find a post that shows the easiest way to connect an accessory power outlet for my GPS or heated gloves, etc. Im sure its pretty easy but Im not sure where to start other than at the battery

I have 2 on my bike, pm me if you would like some pics.
    1991 YZ 125, 1996 YZ 125, 1996 YZ 250, 2001 YZ250F, 2009 FZ1

Radiator Guard |Satan's 666 Highway Pegs | Copperdawg Front Pods | Fender Eliminator | Powerlet Side Panel and Handlebar | AIS Blockoff | Ivan's Flies | Engine Ice | Crankcase To Breather Filter | Graves Velocity Stacks | BMC Air Filter |T-Rex Frame Sliders | Front and Rear Axle Sliders | Swingarm Spools |Lower Cowl |GYTR Slip on | Gutted the Cat | Removed EXUP ServoMotor | Graves EXUP Module | Satan666 Backrest Mod

Default Possible FZ1 Project?

I have an idea for a project bike and would like some feed back from the FZ1 community. I have a line on a 2008 FZ1 with a blown motor. The guy who has the bike is a good friend of mine and will basically give me the bike for next to nothing. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new R1 Crossplane motor in it? What mods would need to be done? I don't know if I could find a cross plane motor for it or not but I thought it would be an interesting project if the motor would fit.

What are your thoughts???????

FZ1inTX (OP)
    Adminstrator Gen II Mods?  Start here! FZ1inTX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CGFZ1 View Post
    I have an idea for a project bike and would like some feed back from the FZ1 community. I have a line on a 2008 FZ1 with a blown motor. The guy who has the bike is a good friend of mine and will basically give me the bike for next to nothing. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a new R1 Crossplane motor in it? What mods would need to be done? I don't know if I could find a cross plane motor for it or not but I thought it would be an interesting project if the motor would fit.

What are your thoughts???????
    I believe there are a lot of differences that would make this a difficult project. I'm not sure the motor mounts are the same? The air intake system is designed completely different thus you'd need that as well. I also think you will need the complete wiring harness and ECU as they are also very different. It would be a stretch but if this is a low cost bike, I'm sure you can find a wrecked FZ1 to swap motors out of, likely using some covers from this bike since a wrecked bike will likely have gouged or broken covers on one side of the other. Or, but it and start parting it out? You'll make a fair amount of profit!

Crossplane motor is a bit wider than the FZ1 frame IIRC. There is a reason no one has tried to mount a R1 motor into the FZ1 due to the associated electronics, RAM airbox, YCC-T and YCC-I
    2007 Raven FZ1-R
    Elka Stg4 Shock|R1 Forks,MC|HEL Lines|3-way Levers|Giles Rearsets|Ivan ECU Flash|Micron Full System|Lars|BMC|Roth Stacks,AIE|Flies|PC5|SHv4|CF/CNC bits|T-Rex|Spencer Seat|Oxford Heated Grips|HIDs|Proton LEDs

2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport
    Brock Full Exhaust|GPR Damper|Sato Rearsets|Sargent Seat|GBR/Woodcraft protectors

2014 S1000R Premium White
    Akra GP,Rizoma mirrors,Ermax Bellypan,Tecbike CAT,V-stream,Wunderlich Seat,360 LED signals,R&G+Puig Protection