Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    Default

    Man! This is great. Iíve been looking all over for these. Iíd found some that were 3D printed on Ebay last year, but when I received them, I didnít even bother installing them. These look amazing. Thanks for your work, man. Iíll definitely be grabbing a pair.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcortez View Post
    Man! This is great. I’ve been looking all over for these. I’d found some that were 3D printed on Ebay last year, but when I received them, I didn’t even bother installing them. These look amazing. Thanks for your work, man. I’ll definitely be grabbing a pair.
    Hey Thanks. I think they're a pretty unique solution, and I tried to price them in a 'workable' pricepoint. That's the beauty of not holding inventory, and zero tooling costs to recoup. Please let me know if I can help out with any questions you may have.

    Cheers.
    mark

  3. #13

    Default

    once painted up they look badass

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jared p View Post
    once painted up they look badass
    Couldn't agree more. Got lots of positive comments from those that have purchased, but not many have sent back in photos of finished parts yet.

    Introductory Sale Pricing is still going on till the end of the May.

    Thanks Jared.

    * side note. I dunno if I ever thanked you for your suggestions on things to do, or places to see in Seattle. I ended up getting engaged out on one of the platforms @ Cape Flattery...so, that worked out well.

    Cheers

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jointbeaker View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Got lots of positive comments from those that have purchased, but not many have sent back in photos of finished parts yet.

    Introductory Sale Pricing is still going on till the end of the May.

    Thanks Jared.

    * side note. I dunno if I ever thanked you for your suggestions on things to do, or places to see in Seattle. I ended up getting engaged out on one of the platforms @ Cape Flattery...so, that worked out well.

    Cheers
    I want to buy a pair even though I use regular mirrors haha

    and congrats, it's quite beautiful out there!

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jared p View Post
    I want to buy a pair even though I use regular mirrors haha
    I'd be happy to sell ya a pair. hehe.

    Wondering if I should put up a few sets on eBay, or look into selling thru Amazon. Haven't done research on either option right now honestly...

  7. #17

    Default

    if you're looking to make money on it, which you should, you should pick some not dead model bikes lol the fz1 is a dead bike, look to the newer flagship models, or if you really wanna, look to ducati's, they'll pay a ton and love to spend money on bar end mirrors on their bikes to look cool.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jared p View Post
    if you're looking to make money on it, which you should, you should pick some not dead model bikes lol the fz1 is a dead bike, look to the newer flagship models, or if you really wanna, look to ducati's, they'll pay a ton and love to spend money on bar end mirrors on their bikes to look cool.
    This was a very fun project, and something that could translate to other bikes rather easily. Most of the supersports I see lately use a simple flat mirror mounting location (like the Gen1 FZ1), not quite like the sculpted fairing on the Gen2 FZ.

    I'm all ears if you have any suggestions on other bikes that have that same style. I need to make it to some bike nights in Chicago I guess, or walk around one of the bigger dealers to find possible projects...

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jointbeaker View Post
    This was a very fun project, and something that could translate to other bikes rather easily. Most of the supersports I see lately use a simple flat mirror mounting location (like the Gen1 FZ1), not quite like the sculpted fairing on the Gen2 FZ.

    I'm all ears if you have any suggestions on other bikes that have that same style. I need to make it to some bike nights in Chicago I guess, or walk around one of the bigger dealers to find possible projects...
    as i looked, i found it's already been done for the ducatis, and out of cnc aluminum or carbon fiber or, some companies make em with integrated blinkers even. and i'll be doggoned if you aint right, i looked and dang near all do use flat mounts.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Copyright ©2008 , All content is property of 998cc.org All Rights Reserved. The opinions and posts on this site do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners or operators. Yamaha FZ1 and Yamaha rights are property of Yamaha Motor Company. 998cc.org is not associated with Yamaha in any way. We are an enthusiast site dedicated to the Yamaha FZ1 motorcycles. Our goal is to offer a place for Yamaha FZ1 owners to discuss rides, events, mods, maintenance, purchasing, etc.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com