Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Rearset Powdercoating Question

It must be getting close to riding season as I'm here starting a new thread. Actually it's just a question about powder coating my rearsets. For as long as I've had the bike, it has bugged me that the bike is literally all blacked out except for the rear footrest brackets and the rearset brackets and heel guard which are silver. I removed all of them this morning and the powder coater is ready for me with some satin black powder.

My question for anyone who has done this before is: my concern is on the rearsets, they have a pressed in bushing where they mount to the frame of the bike. Will that get ruined in the powdercoating process? Do they need to be removed first? Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll just do the rear passenger footpeg brackets and call it a day. Thanks very much.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

I had mine done with them left in and it was fine...your powdercoater should be able to tell you if they will be ok...mine did...

Awesome! Thanks very much for the info. Can't wait to have them finished.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Nice!! Gonna look killer I bet!!!
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

Heres mine...i decided to go with carbon fiber heel plates and leave the silver outline to accent the carbon fiber...

Rearset Powdercoating Question-img_0214.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
    Heres mine...i decided to go with carbon fiber heel plates and leave the silver outline to accent the carbon fiber...

Rearset Powdercoating Question-img_0214.jpg
    That came out great! I'm stoked now after seeing that, thanks!
    Billy

I thought the same thing about all the silver...your gonna like it...if you decide to try the carbon fiber heel plates i think i have a couple pair somewhere...i had the powdercoater leave the heel plate area silver and did the area right below that in black.

Oh I like those carbon plates! I must find me some. I didn't want the downtime for powder coat on my old gen1. So I took a chance with some high temp crinkle coat enamel paint. I left the heal area alone since I figured it would rub off. But it turned out great and lasted. Rearset Powdercoating Question-img_8223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
    I thought the same thing about all the silver...your gonna like it...if you decide to try the carbon fiber heel plates i think i have a couple pair somewhere...i had the powdercoater leave the heel plate area silver and did the area right below that in black.
    You are right. I think I'm going to leave out the heel plates and pick up a pair of CF Plates. I think it will give some contrast to the satin black. Thanks for all the help!
    Billy