Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control

Blanchy (OP)

Default Cruise Control

Anyone fitted a true cruise to a Gen2?
    09 FZ1S Retro Kit, Fender Elimin, Watsen Design Fr Sigs, Led Int Tail/Turn Smoke, FZ8 Bars, EvoTech Exh Hanger, CF Heal Pads and Chain guard. Bar End Mirrors. Edrive Spoiler. Shorty Billet Levers. Gipro X Integ' Gear Pos Ind Goodridge Braided Brake Lines. Odax Tach Dial, Top Sellerie Seat, CF Fenda Extenda, Yoshi Full R77 Carbon Sys, Graves Smog Plates, PCV & Autotune, Heated Grips, Ivanised ECU, Ohlins Shock.R1 Forks AK20 Carts, Rostra Cruise Control, Quick Shifter

I am seriously considering installing one of these over the winter.
    It has been successfully installed on many different brands of motorcycles, with great results.

Rostra 250-1223 Universal Cruise Control System

Look for a build log, late this fall.

I hear the throttlemeister is supposed to be near the best, it's a bar end one but it's in the +$100 range. Also vist cruise is supposed to be a nice sub $40 alternative. Although the ordering sites say it's not compatable with the fz1, with minor modification ( a shim ) it's supposed to be great. I have a guy I know that used one for years without an issue

Quote Originally Posted by IBcivic View Post
    It has been successfully installed on many different brands of motorcycles, with great results.

Too many wires for me

Where do you install the magnets on a chain drive bike?

Magnets?

If you are inquiring about the speed reference, the rostra references from the countershaft encoder pulses going to the speedometer

Blanchy (OP)

Ordered one of them.Electronic so no vacuum hoses. Also ordered rf control no wires to handlebars the
    09 FZ1S Retro Kit, Fender Elimin, Watsen Design Fr Sigs, Led Int Tail/Turn Smoke, FZ8 Bars, EvoTech Exh Hanger, CF Heal Pads and Chain guard. Bar End Mirrors. Edrive Spoiler. Shorty Billet Levers. Gipro X Integ' Gear Pos Ind Goodridge Braided Brake Lines. Odax Tach Dial, Top Sellerie Seat, CF Fenda Extenda, Yoshi Full R77 Carbon Sys, Graves Smog Plates, PCV & Autotune, Heated Grips, Ivanised ECU, Ohlins Shock.R1 Forks AK20 Carts, Rostra Cruise Control, Quick Shifter

Threadhead Cruise Control BDazzler's Avatar
    East Central IL, USA (half way between St. Louis and Indianapolis)

Quote Originally Posted by a7x3797 View Post
    I hear the throttlemeister is supposed to be near the best, it's a bar end one but it's in the +$100 range. Also vist cruise is supposed to be a nice sub $40 alternative. Although the ordering sites say it's not compatable with the fz1, with minor modification ( a shim ) it's supposed to be great. I have a guy I know that used one for years without an issue
    I have a Throttlemeister (in heavy black) which is actually just a throttle lock, not a true cruise control which would keep a constant speed when going up or down hill. I like the throttlemeister for long, straight, flat roads (like in IL ), but a true cruse would be nice... hmmm, the BMW S1000R has one from the factory
    Troy

2007 FZ1 Cobalt Blue | Fire Dragon Brothers Full Length Adjustable Levers in Gold with Black Adjusters | Corbin seats w/ oval backrest | T-Rex Frame Sliders | Rifle Touring Windshield | Tank Cover

:rmwl:

Blanchy (OP)

Hopefully I'll tell you how well it works in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    Ordered one of them.Electronic so no vacuum hoses. Also ordered rf control no wires to handlebars the
    What was the cost and where did you get it?