Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Problem at 7000 rpm

Hi,

here is the problem on my FZ1 2006.

Just like that, my bike started to lose power over 7000 rpm. The bike was still running and accelerating when I was under 7000 rpm.

On the idle, I was able to go to the max rpm. It was until last night, I started the bike, and now, it just barely go over 1000-2000 rpm and a smell of fuel. When I turn on the ignition, the flyes doesn't open at all.

Also, way before my bike was like this, every time I put the ignition on, there was a tic tic tic tic tic tic noise, even after the injectors were set. Now, it doesn't do it anymore, coincidence... Don't know.

What I found on the Internet until now :
    - TPS problem
    - Sub throttle servo
    - Exup (no more there since I put a Two Brothers exhaust last year and everything went fine)

What I did until now :
    - Spark plugs have been changed (they were due)
    - Air filter have been changed (they were due)

Thank you,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Check for a kink in your fuel line.
    It's a common problem that may explain your over 7K rpm problems.

There is a fuel line mod that I and others here have done.

A quick search for "Fuel line Mod" should be all it takes to find the write up.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Mivv Speed Edge end can with Arrow headers - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Houston, Texas - Reliant Stadium / Meyerland Area

I believe that Ballmead is right about your fuel line being linked. But it also does not sound right for the secondary flies to not cycle open and closed upon turning the ignition on. Possibly check for trouble codes.

The only problem you should have at 7,000 RPM is your arms pulling out of the shoulder sockets.
    Bill Baker
    Houston, TX
    2008 FZ1 - Candy Red
    2006 FZ1 - Cobalt Blue
    1982 Kawasaki KZ650
    2009 FZ1 - Cobalt Blue (Was offered a deal I couldn't refuse)
    1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)
    1977 Honda CB750F Supersport (sold)

Good call on the fuel line but is it likely to kink unless the tanks been lifted of late ? .. I've read a few posts of the secondary flies servos seizing up though.
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is