Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Chain missing orings

My 10,000 klm RK Chain has lost 11 orings.

3 from the outside and 8 from the inside of the chain.

The chain is regularly lubed with Motul Superbike lube.

The chain alignment is pretty spot on with about 0.1mm difference between the two sides of the swingarm.

The chain is a tad on the loose side at 40mm slack, so I'll need to fix this up today.

The only thing I can think of is the grunge brush I used last time to clean it?
    It's the first time I used one.

I have applied lube directly to the missing links as an interim measure.

Any ideas why it would be throwing orings?
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Maybe you should email rk and ask them if they think it's normal or if not, if they can send you a replacement

Sent from X-wing
    ----------------------------
    Live long, and prosper !

Never heard of this before. I use the motul brush, cleaner and lube on my DID chain and have never had an issue!
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

It's weird huh?

I've only ever cleaned it with kerosene too.

l reckon it could be a faulty chain.

I bought it on EBay, so I doubt RK will help.

Looks like I'll just have to keep an eye on it for now and change it when I have the cash.

Not real happy about it as I expected another 20K out of it before having to replace it.
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

RK might be interested anyway, maybe it's a knock-off. You never know, it costs you half an hour to send an email
    Last edited by javahaxxor; 10-08-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    ----------------------------
    Live long, and prosper !

Is it a reputable ebay seller? if so contact them too.

I would definitely be contacting the manufacturer.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Definitely email RK and explain what's happening. That's not normal at all