Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Power commander map for my 2006 FZ1

    Hi folks. I'm new on here and not sure where to go to ask my question. I have a power commander v on my 2006 FZ1. I was provided with some odd map from Dynojet when I installed it. It ran terribly. When I looked at the map it is for a 2009 model with Yoshimura slip on installed.....My bike has a Coffmans slip on, K&N air filter and gutted cat.
    I now have put a zero map in the PCV. It runs ok with that but has no go in till I get up to about 3000 rpm.
    I'm pretty confused. Does anyone know what map I actually need to use ?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Hi folks. I'm new on here and not sure where to go to ask my question. I have a power commander v on my 2006 FZ1. I was provided with some odd map from Dynojet when I installed it. It ran terribly. When I looked at the map it is for a 2009 model with Yoshimura slip on installed.....My bike has a Coffmans slip on, K&N air filter and gutted cat.
    I now have put a zero map in the PCV. It runs ok with that but has no go in till I get up to about 3000 rpm.
    I'm pretty confused. Does anyone know what map I actually need to use ?
    you need to go to a dyno tuner and have them build you a custom map. otherwise it's like playing darts in the dark as to which map will work or won't.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jared p View Post
    you need to go to a dyno tuner and have them build you a custom map. otherwise it's like playing darts in the dark as to which map will work or won't.
    So the maps recommended by Dunojet are a waste of time ?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    So the maps recommended by Dunojet are a waste of time ?
    yes. they're done on an autotune in vegas on their dyno and once it runs at an acceptable level, it's saved and uploaded.

  5. #5

    Default

    Oh well the nearest place to me here in Texas that does Dyno tuning is in Dallas.....a five hour ride.
    I just wondered if anyone on here had a similar set up on their 2006 FZ1 and could attach the map they are using so I could download or copy it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Oh well the nearest place to me here in Texas that does Dyno tuning is in Dallas.....a five hour ride.
    I just wondered if anyone on here had a similar set up on their 2006 FZ1 and could attach the map they are using so I could download or copy it.
    I don't believe you are correct. What city do you live in or near and we'll find you a closer tuner

  7. #7

    Default

    Until you get to the tuner, you can try some of the map packs that Duken has compiled into one big zip file. There's a long thread on the other FZ1 forum.

    FZ 1 Map Pack

  8. #8

    Default

    I live in Tyler. Any Dyno tuning facility near by would be helpful. Thanks.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Copyright 2008 , All content is property of 998cc.org All Rights Reserved. The opinions and posts on this site do not necessarily reflect those of the site owners or operators. Yamaha FZ1 and Yamaha rights are property of Yamaha Motor Company. 998cc.org is not associated with Yamaha in any way. We are an enthusiast site dedicated to the Yamaha FZ1 motorcycles. Our goal is to offer a place for Yamaha FZ1 owners to discuss rides, events, mods, maintenance, purchasing, etc.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com