Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you, I will try to reach folks through the other forum. I appreciate this.

It has already cost $400+ and, so far, all he's done is diagnose it. As stated, he thinks the clunking sound means the engine could seize up at any moment, or, possibly go for another 50,000 miles. It' that level of uncertainty I cannot stand. The guy runs a large and reputable business. I want to know if anybody's had experience with this sort of thing, perhaps they can steer us in the right direction.

You said the only way to hear this noise is by turning the crank with a wrench at the left side of the engine, and that it is quiet when running.
    Why did your mechanic have the left side cover off anyway and what did your mechanic just do that just cost $400?
    If you want help, you're going to have to answer questions asked of you and post a good video.
    Responding to the questions in a timely manner wouldn't hurt either. Good luck with the other forum.
    Last edited by justpassinthru; 12-04-2018 at 09:00 AM.