Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gen2. Hi temp displayed, immobiliser flashing. Won’t start..?

Hi guys I have a problem. Gen2 2007 bike.
    Was out yesterday and the bike was fine. It started and run ok on two start/stop trips up/down the motorway. I parked up in a service station the last time and after being left for an hour it wouldn’t re-start..
    Key in ignition alarm turned off ready to start and Hi temperature is displayed on the dash panel along with the key symbol flashing red.
    I read a similar problem on a google search on a R1 forum. It says immobiliser wire damaged or broken or pick up ring behind ignition key. Some say it could be the chip in the key even?
    Broken immobiliser wire near top rad mount also. Could it even be the after market data tool alarm??
    Ok so has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix?
    I’m asking before I dive in and take it apart.
    I also fitted a new clutch cable the day before, could that be the reason, di I break a wire or damage a wire? As I say it ran ok the next day for hours then wouldn’t start again after it was parked up for an hour at the services on the motorway.
    Any help you be much appreciated guys.
    Thank you Delta.
    Mods
    K&N air filter Iridium plugs
    ASI removed AIS plates AIS plug
    Shorty levers, Arrow headers Micron serpent GP end can
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Hel braided brake lines No flies Graves velosity stacks
    Ecu remap by HTMC, HID headlight
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

Update.
    Ok the red master key starts the bike fine.
    I got a new blank black key, had it cut from the red master.
    Tried to programme the new key but it still does the Hi temp flashing and the immobiliser red light still flashes. Like it won’t program or I’m doing it wrong from the videos on YouTube.
    Any ideas guys or do you know the right procedure for the gen 2 fz1 ?
    Thanks
    Delta
    Mods
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

Where did you get the new black key from? if from the states, they don't have the imobilizer and there won't be a chip in that key.

Have you tried re-doing your original black key from the red master key?
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

From the U.K.
    yes tried original black key, won’t work.
    Mods

Here is the process from the service manual, page 8-83 and 8-84 has the info you need. 8-85 and 86 have the error codes and what they mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -key-registration.jpg  
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Thanks for that I’ll give it a go and let you know if it works��
    It’s doing my head in so any help is muchly appriesiated cheers.
    Delta
    Mods

Do you have a copy of the service manual?

I have a PDF version, it's 17Mb I downloaded it from here

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/76...aha-Fz1-N.html
    Mods:

I tried that way of programming and it didn’t work..
    I just tried clicking n tha manual and I get some virgin media junk.
    I also have a code 52 what says headlight relay but the bike has an hid headlight fitted and that works just fine. I’m stumped, I guess I’ll have to ask the bike shop to do it. Grrr pain in the butt, nothing is easy eh lol
    Mods

Code 52 is this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -code-52.jpg  
    Mods:

Thanks for that buddy...
    Mods