Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Duel/twin headlight conversion.

Hi guys
    Any of you got a twin headlight conversion on your fz1 naked?
    I’ve been looking to switch again. I bought the hid projector headlamp last year. It looks like the oem but has the projector lamp in it.
    So now I’m looking for a more radical look like the Oberon Performance CNC Billet Twin Headlights & Brackets kit.
    Oberon gear is always good quality so I think these twin lamps will be also quality.
    Has anyone done the conversion and what did they think and have you any photos
    Thanks guys

P.s I’ve tried to add a pic I found of a fz1 with twin headlamps
    Delta. Duel/twin headlight conversion.-8f0e05ec-5662-44fe-bbe5-60425dc5d792.jpg
    Mods
    K&N air filter Iridium plugs
    ASI removed AIS plates AIS plug
    Shorty levers, Arrow headers Micron serpent GP end can
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Hel braided brake lines No flies Graves velosity stacks
    Ecu remap by HTMC, HID headlight
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

Here’s a photo of my ride as it is now but I like the twin headlight look. Attachment 24479
    Mods
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

[attach=config]24483
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Duel/twin headlight conversion.-0b1abffa-383e-426c-8673-2e299145126b.jpg  
    Last edited by Delta; 03-26-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Mods

I love the look of the twin headlights, am very interested in doing it! The headlight on the naked is the only thing that lets it down I reckon in the looks department

Copperdog did a naked conversion over at the other site - kinda looks like the MT10ish.

Naked FZ1 Project - FZ1OA Message Board
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Duel/twin headlight conversion.-dv8r009.jpg  
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Duel/twin headlight conversion.-8f0e05ec-5662-44fe-bbe5-60425dc5d792.jpg
    That looks really good.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    - John Galt

If any of you guys are interested in the Oberon billet headlights look at the website Motorcycle Black Billet Headlights
    These lamps can be used on any bike or even kit car
    Mods

Duel/twin headlight conversion.-5d641317-eafe-4d45-ae2a-1fe50a68b806.jpg
    If any of you guys are interested in the Oberon billet headlights look at the website Motorcycle Black Billet Headlights
    These lamps can be used on any bike or even kit car
    New Oberon lights.
    Mods

Duel/twin headlight conversion.-5d641317-eafe-4d45-ae2a-1fe50a68b806.jpg

New Oberon lights.
    That looks awesome! Can you please give a quick run down of everything you needed to do the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    That looks awesome! Can you please give a quick run down of everything you needed to do the conversion?
    Buy the Oberon twin headlights, (I got the 54mm brackets) you’ll need two relays one for hi beam one for low beam and some wire and connectors, inline fuse etc. You will have to slightly modify the oem headlight bracket. I cut off the two bits of metal that attach to the lower yolks. You will have to also tidy up the wires I cut the instrument cover and hid the wires under there. Not much to it really, just time and making the loom for the new lights from the relays.
    Mods