Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2009 FZ1N

Default My 2009 FZ1N

Because I like doing this kind of thing. May as well share everything I'm doing or going to do to my FZ1.

I was actually in the market for a FZ8N however this one appeared close to home for much less than what others were going for.

I picked up the bike for a good price, after a short ride and a even shorter negotiation process, and this is how it is at the moment.

The bike has already been fitted with a few bits.

Vance and Hines CS one slip on.
    Renthal bars
    Bar end mirrors.
    Short levers
    -1 Front sprocket.
    Crash sliders
    A dead battery.
    And lots of dirt and cobwebs, as it had been stored for while.

So in with a new battery to get it running and some fresh fuel.

Its going to get a good clean over the coming weeks and then I will get ready for roadworthy, it will need a set of tires to pass so will get that one the way.

On the way already for the bike I have, set of clear indicators, fender eliminator, Speedo healer, all the service items, and a decent air filter.

Also eyeing off lots of other parts and working out which path I want to take.

This might be slow going from now on as I really need to offload my Suziki to get all this finished.
    Last edited by Lupin; 02-10-2015 at 02:55 PM.

If you ordered the K&N air filter, make sure it fits properly as there are a lot of issues with the filter not allowing the top of the airbox to screw down properly. I had to send mine back & order a BMC filter instead which fits perfectly.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Its a BMC, so should be fine.

Got a few bits on. Fitted a Yamaha helmet, got some clear indicators that are just junk so will track down some genuine ones now.

Also got me Leo Vince bits on.
    My 2009 FZ1N-001.jpg
    My 2009 FZ1N-005.jpg
    2009 White FZ1N Vance and Hines CS-one, Exhaust wrap, Modded flies, PCV, Autotune, BMC filter, Lars Airbox, Quickshifter, 16t Front Sprocket, Carbon Everything, Leo Vince Carbon Engine covers, Oggy knobs, FZ6 Indicators, Renthal Bars, S3 Bar end mirrors, Shorty Levers, Braided Brake Lines, Oxford heated grips, Spedo healer, Gear indicator, Powerbronze belly pan, Yamaha seat, Ernmax seat cowl, Tail tidy, Clear tail light, Correctly Adjusted suspension, Custom number plates.

Very nice! Vance and Hines did a great job on that exhaust.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Speedo drd in. Removed the exhaust valve cables. Now to sort out the indicators for the eliminator.
    2009 White FZ1N Vance and Hines CS-one, Exhaust wrap, Modded flies, PCV, Autotune, BMC filter, Lars Airbox, Quickshifter, 16t Front Sprocket, Carbon Everything, Leo Vince Carbon Engine covers, Oggy knobs, FZ6 Indicators, Renthal Bars, S3 Bar end mirrors, Shorty Levers, Braided Brake Lines, Oxford heated grips, Spedo healer, Gear indicator, Powerbronze belly pan, Yamaha seat, Ernmax seat cowl, Tail tidy, Clear tail light, Correctly Adjusted suspension, Custom number plates.

Got some carbon side covers.

Also have the eliminator all sorted and did the lars mod to the air box.

Need to get some more photos.

Great job on the mods....if i could make a suggestion i would get some carbon fiber heel guards...i did on mine because with all the black the aluminum color kinda stuck out like a sore thumb...keep up the good work...nice bike...

Thought about heel guards, but I see some rearsets in the not too distant future.

My 2009 FZ1N-image.jpgIf you dont have passengers... taking the rear pegs and assembly off cleans up the rear section nicely...it doesnt look like your exhaust is bolted to it...heres a pic of mine when i first got it to let you see...since added heel guards...