Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ferraiolo1 View Post
    Been happening a lot.

I went ahead and installed the new rotor part number. $350 now vs almost $1000 by the time you replace the stator and fish all the magnets out of the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I'll have a winter project to do then! So the new rotor is an updated piece I presume?
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-img_0764.jpg

Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-img_0764.jpg

Thanks for the new part number Mike. Appreciate it.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Prices range from $330-350 for the new one. I got mine on eBay for $345 shipped. And people buy the only ones. I posted it on eBay for $150 shipped and got a $140 offer within a day

Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

Prices range from $330-350 for the new one. I got mine on eBay for $345 shipped. And people buy the only ones. I posted it on eBay for $150 shipped and got a $140 offer within a day

Yep, I went on Partshark and that's about right, $345.00 I think I'm still going to get it and replace it this winter. At the same time I'll order a 16T front sprocket as well. Thanks for all the info Mike.
    Billy

Hey Mike, after looking further at the website I have a question. Is it the "Rotor Assembly" or the "Stator Assembly" which loses the magnets?
    Last edited by FZ1riderNY; 08-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Billy

That would be the rotor. The magnets of the rotor come loose and contact the stator causing the carnage. So if you replace the rotor before it happens. Thatís the only part that needs changed. Copper dawg has a nice YouTube vid to show how to check bearings while you have it apart as well

Awesome Mike, thanks. I'm going to also pick up a Gen1 Front Sprocket to liven things up a bit.
    Billy