Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Flick that angel off your shoulder

Here is my bike - more mods done since then.

edit: Actually those are really old pics. will try to find some new ones, but you can see the mods I have done in my signature below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-3365.jpg   Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-3366.jpg  
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

This one is more recent, but I have installed Braking front rotors since this shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-20150311_133008.jpg  
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    This one is more recent, but I have installed Braking front rotors since this shot.
    This is the way I want to go!!! waauw. Especially when I read your Mods in detail. Ow yeah.

After a big delay, an update on the bike.

Maintenance:
    -Did an oil change, new ngk iridium sparks and cleaned the chain.

Upgrade since last time:
    -Cyclops 7000 lumen H4 LED lights
    -Secondhand Akrapovic mounted (I found the Yoshimura to long for my FZ1)
    -Motodynamic rear LED lights so I could remove the rear blinkers.
    -Installed the HealTech multimeter, just have to find the right 12V and ground under the fairing to connect it.

Pictures will follow soon.
    Mods:
    Akrapovic Slip On - Oxford heated grips - K&N filter - Ivan's AIS Block-off plates - PCV (tuned : Ivan's map) - Michelin's - Ivan's ECU flash - Graves Velocity Stacks - LED Blinkers front - Motodynamic rear LED light with integrated blinkers - Cyclops H4 7000 lumen LED's - Healtech QuickShifter Easy / Gear Indicator Pro X-Type G2 / Brake Light Pro / MultiMeter 5 / SpeedoHealer / Shift Light Pro - Lars Airbox Mod - Sato Racing reversed rearset - Ohlins steering damper -

I still have to take some time to take proper pictures, but the order list is getting bigger and bigger.

On it's way to the bike :
    -Lightech footpegs
    -Lightech Paddockstand
    -Arrow exhaust headers.

I must say I'm very suprised of the Cyclops lightning, these are one of the best uipgrades I've made on a bike. What a light is coming out of these bulbs!
    Mods:
    Akrapovic Slip On - Oxford heated grips - K&N filter - Ivan's AIS Block-off plates - PCV (tuned : Ivan's map) - Michelin's - Ivan's ECU flash - Graves Velocity Stacks - LED Blinkers front - Motodynamic rear LED light with integrated blinkers - Cyclops H4 7000 lumen LED's - Healtech QuickShifter Easy / Gear Indicator Pro X-Type G2 / Brake Light Pro / MultiMeter 5 / SpeedoHealer / Shift Light Pro - Lars Airbox Mod - Sato Racing reversed rearset - Ohlins steering damper -

Here we are with some pictures, and some extra upgrades:

-Cyclops H4 LED's
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113817-9.jpg
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113817-10.jpg
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113856.jpg
    -Akrapovic exhaust
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113856-6.jpg
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113856-7.jpg
    -Rear LED lights
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113817-3a.jpg
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-113817-4a.jpg
    -Lightech rearset wasn't available, so I went for a Sato Racing set with reversed shifting(and I'm glad I did!)
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-115100-5.jpg
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-115100-6.jpg
    -Ohlins steering damper
    Tommy's FZ1 '06 Build-ios-upload-ma-30-apr.-2018-115100-7.jpg

Now i'm still waiting for the Arrow headers (should come soon now!)
    Mods:

Arrows header has arrived, only the exhaust studs (4 out of 8) broke off....

Also ordered an AutoTune to get the consumption under control.

If I can get the studs out to replace them with stainless steel ones, I can continue enjoying the bike with the nice weather over here.
    Mods:

So, after I removed all the studs by drilling them out, I put in timeserts and stainless steel studs. Mounted the arrow header and installed back the radiator. After 1,5 week of enjoying the next problem occured: the magnets of the rotor came loose and fucked up everything. New rotor arrived today so I can start cleaning the bike and find all the lost magnets back in the oil sump (I hope).
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Phanatic View Post
    So, after I removed all the studs by drilling them out, I put in timeserts and stainless steel studs. Mounted the arrow header and installed back the radiator. After 1,5 week of enjoying the next problem occured: the magnets of the rotor came loose and fucked up everything. New rotor arrived today so I can start cleaning the bike and find all the lost magnets back in the oil sump (I hope).
    I've always heard about that happening to rotors every now and then. I hope you get it cleaned out and on the road again.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Been happening a lot.

I went ahead and installed the new rotor part number. $350 now vs almost $1000 by the time you replace the stator and fish all the magnets out of the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.