Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default ECU Flash question

Hi all,

I have recently bought an 09 FZ1 and I love it . I have a question about having the ECU flashed though. I have read a lot of threads on here about getting the Ivan flash done but I seen to think that I will need a Power Commander too. Is this the case or can I just get the ECU flashed as a stand alone to get rid of the restrictions etc?

Here is a picture of my beast

ECU Flash question-img_3398.jpg.jpg

I believe Ivan recommends a PCFC or PCV to go with his flash.

Vcyclenut can do a basic flash to remove restrictions or provide a new fuel map. I run David's basic flash which is a great value in itself, but I later added a PCFC so I can play with the fuelling...

Edit - realized you are in the UK. I know there are at least one or two tuners in the UK offering flashes.
    Last edited by old sparks; 05-13-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old sparks View Post
    I believe Ivan recommends a PCFC or PCV to go with his flash.

Vcyclenut can do a basic flash to remove restrictions or provide a new fuel map. I run David's basic flash which is a great value in itself, but I later added a PCFC so I can play with the fuelling...

Edit - realized you are in the UK. I know there are at least one or two tuners in the UK offering flashes.
    In the uk look up Geoff Whale of hilltop motorcycles, posibally the best tuner there is. Mc news took their bike to him a few weeks ago. I had my fz1n tuned by him and I'm well impressed with what he can do. Look up YouTube vids he's done too. He also tunes British superbike teams plus many other well know riders bikes.
    Mods
    K&N air filter Iridium plugs
    ASI removed AIS plates AIS plug
    Shorty levers, Arrow headers Micron serpent GP end can
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Hel braided brake lines No flies Graves velosity stacks
    Ecu remap by HTMC, HID headlight
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

I've done the flash and Power Commander, both from Ivan. The difference makes me say; go with him and do what he says. My power is way up and maybe more importantly, he got rid of the scary lag/surge at roll-on. It was so bad stock, I was considering unloading my bike. Now, there isn't another bike I would consider instead. Okay, maybe a couple to go along with, but not to replace!

Jeff

get the flash tune stuff and do it yourself

I ride a 2007 flashed it myself and loved the results. Anyone here know if one can use the 20014 table and maps for a 2007? These later maps have more control.

you'll wanna go with hilltop cycles in the UK for convenience. it's not the best but it'll be good enough.