Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Bogie's FZ10 Build Thread

Figured I would start a thread to post updates to the FZ10 as the time goes. The bike has changed so much since I got it in October.

The bike is amazing but like any bike I have owned, I want to make it my own and put my "Bogie" touches to it.

So far this is the list of mods that I have done to the bike:

Nissan Body Push Type Retainers (Mirror Plugs)
    Yamaha Black Billet GP Rear Stand Hooks
    ProBolt Titanium M6 x 25mm (4) Race Hook Bolts
    CRG Black 2" Blindsight Bar End Mirrors
    Evotech Aluminum Rear Foot Peg Removal Kit
    Evotech Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards
    RhinoMoto Bar Ends with Mirror Mounts
    Pazzo Shorty Levers (Black w/Titanium Adjusters)
    Woodcraft Frame Sliders
    TechSpec Tank Pad
    Quick Action Black CNC Aluminum Keyless Gas Cap
    Ermax Seat Cowl
    Woodcraft Engine Covers
    Custom LED Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light
    NTS Fender Eliminator
    Watsen Front Signals
    Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Front Fender
    Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
    Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Sprocket Cover
    RokForm Motorcycle Phone Mount
    Yamaha GYTR Quick Shifter
    EBC Front and Rear Disc Brake Pads
    Driven Screw Set (License Plate Bolts)
    Driven Oil Fill Cap
    Driven D3 Alumitech Grips
    Driven 520 Sprockets
    EK MVXZ2 Series 520 Chain Kit
    Lightec Chain Adjusters
    Carrozzeria Forged Wheels (Titanium Grey)
    OEM Rotors with Black Carriers (Replace OEM Red Carrier Rotors)
    ECU Flash 2 Wheels DynoWorks
    Gilles Tooling Billet Brake Reservoir Cover
    Moto-D Oil Drain Bolt

Here are Before and After pics of the bike from the day I brought her home to as she sits today.

"When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

Subscribed ☺️

Sent from my Moto G (4)
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Lifer Bogie's FZ10 Build Thread Hellgate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

Matte finish CF Sprocket cover arrived today. It is a match to the the Front Fender and Rear Hugger.

Man, it's all very subtle things that you changed but it all adds up to a very different looking beast. I love it!

Your bike is looking super awesome Bogie.

BTW I've been looking at the exhaust systems for them, they don't seem to add much hp. You just lose a little weight and sound louder.
    Looks like they did a pretty good job from factory.
    Last edited by ballmead; 03-22-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Man, it's all very subtle things that you changed but it all adds up to a very different looking beast. I love it!
    Thanks!! That has been my goal. Making all the little changes that add up to a tasteful change in the end.
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

Quote Originally Posted by ballmead View Post
    Your bike is looking super awesome Bogie.

BTW I've been looking at the exhaust systems for them, they don't seem to add much hp. You just lose a little weight and sound louder.
    Looks like they did a pretty good job from factory.
    Thanks!!

Yeah the stock cat is heavy but the stock can is a straight through exhaust like most aftermarket. The stock system has its own little growl. Combination of a good stock can and the Crossplane Motor help that. This bike and the Aprilia Tuono V4 are two of the best sounding stock bikes I've ever heard.

Here is a clip of my stock exhaust. (Best heard with ear buds if watching on phone or on a laptop with decent speakers)

https://youtu.be/vfHShg4a7kw

Most of the after market systems lighten the bike up, clean up the lines underneath the bike and give the bike a deeper tone. The Akrapovic 3/4 System is on the top of my list right now. It has the best lines in my mind and has the nicest tone without getting crazy loud.

This is a guy in California I know with it on his black FZ10. I would most likely remove the Akra Decal that comes on it and have a guy I know remake it with just Black/Grey/Silver colors to remove the red and yellow. If he can't I will just leave it without the decal.

I kind of like that one colored decal.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1riderNY View Post
    I kind of like that one colored decal.
    I agree, it's the kind of decal you want people to see. Akra's are awesome.