Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559
Results 5,581 to 5,589 of 5589

Not today. But a few weeks ago. Traded it in.

Only paid $4500 for it three years and 10k miles ago.

And I got $4k in trade in What did you do to your FZ today?-96012523-c1ba-435e-8d50-6b3fda8d51ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holeshot performance AIS removal kit, stage 2 carb kit, steering stabilizer. 12oclock labs speedo healer. Pipewerx slip on. R6 shock mod. R1 shift mod. EBC clutch springs. +2 rear sprocket. Renthal straight bars.

Quote Originally Posted by miso00 View Post
    Today I installed 12v socket. I couldn't figure out where to mount it so I made this holder.

Attachment 24766

Attachment 24767

Attachment 24765
    Thanks to you, I found a location for mine!

Didnít do it today, but last night.

Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Check out my Build Thread:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-fz-10...ne-growth.html

Also, not tonight, but last night. Finally installed my SpeedoHealer V4 and got a quick shifter.

Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Installed some LED Bulbs I got from Mike.

Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Updated my stator magnet.

Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Morning Jeff. Hey bud, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being an easy job, what would you rate the replacement of the stator?? My 09' seems to be fine but I keep seeing posts here and on FB about them letting go so I might as well replace mine now instead of waiting for a mishap.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Default Air Filter Solution

Hey Guys, I recently replaced my stock air filter with one I fabricated. What a difference!! With the carbs re-jetted and Yosh can alone it was burning much too rich, I could smell and see it. I examined the stock unit and discovered it only had a 1 inch hole to let air in and the filter itself was restricted by considerable dirt and oil, oil resulting from my own stupid fault of putting too much oil in it when I last changed it. They wanted an insane amount of money for the stock unit and I also considered the K&N solution but again too expensive. So I took the old one down to the local automotive shop and match it as close as I could , I then shaped it and glued the stock plastic bottom on to it and left the top plate with the restrictive hole off so it was wide open. The improvement was immediate and incredible right across the whole rev range, no more gas smell and at least a 20-30 Hp improvement too boot. It just goes to show how freeing up the air flow on a Gen-1 FZ-1 can make real horsepower, in my case it was a $6.00 filter from the automotive store.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1riderNY View Post
    Morning Jeff. Hey bud, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being an easy job, what would you rate the replacement of the stator?? My 09' seems to be fine but I keep seeing posts here and on FB about them letting go so I might as well replace mine now instead of waiting for a mishap.
    That scale, if I had to give it a number, a 3? When you do it, confirm that grade LOL. Hereís why:

1. Duration of repair is relatively fast, and literally requires 3 tools. Two Allen wrenches for the two bolt sizes, and a longer tool to hold the new Stator Rotor in place when placing the cover back on. About a 30 minute job.

2. The most important thing is to reinstall how everything came out. Best thing to do is watch the copperdawg Stator inspection video, and look at the parts schematic.

3. Reinstalling the cover while making sure the new gasket is in place is one of the most difficult parts. Youíll see why when you do it.

Easy upgrade, quick, but expensive. Remember to buy the cover gasket when you buy the new Stator Rotor. Replace now, as you never know when itíll go.

Current Bikes:

- 2014 Yamaha FZ1
    - 2017 Yamaha FZ-10

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFKISTHENAME View Post
    That scale, if I had to give it a number, a 3? When you do it, confirm that grade LOL. Here’s why:

1. Duration of repair is relatively fast, and literally requires 3 tools. Two Allen wrenches for the two bolt sizes, and a longer tool to hold the new Stator Rotor in place when placing the cover back on. About a 30 minute job.

2. The most important thing is to reinstall how everything came out. Best thing to do is watch the copperdawg Stator inspection video, and look at the parts schematic.

3. Reinstalling the cover while making sure the new gasket is in place is one of the most difficult parts. You’ll see why when you do it.

Easy upgrade, quick, but expensive. Remember to buy the cover gasket when you buy the new Stator Rotor. Replace now, as you never know when it’ll go.

Roger that!! Duly noted. Thanks for the tips.
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559