Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Default Motorcycle Performance Data

Below is a link to the latest update to the Motorcycle Consumers News
    Performance Index. Note to moderator: You might want to pin this post because posts requesting performance information seems to occur frequently on this and other motorcycle forums.

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2010JanIndex.pdf
    Currently Owned Bikes: 2005 FZ1 (Liquid Silver), 2000 Kawasaki ZR-7 (Candy Lighting Blue)
    Previous Bikes: Several Different Cruisers

Default Aftermarket Sprocket Cover

Has anyone seen a MotoWizard front sprocket cover for sale. It has the tuning fork logo and is machined from aluminum. The guy no longer answers phone calls and stores that sell his stuff only have R1 versions for sale. I'd even be interested in a used one.

My 09 FZ1 was STOLEN July 21st 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_RC_1 View Post
    Hey Phil,

Does the '09 really only get 32 mpg?

Mine gets low 30's to hi 30's, depending on how I'm riding. So, in a mag review where they are "sporting" around on it, I imagine so.

But you have to remeber to take all the data in this index with a grain of salt (so to speak). Different riders, different days, different track conditions, etc. etc. and then there are those typo's.
    My 09 FZ1 was STOLEN July 21st 2013.

You can get way better mileage with a 17-39 setup, and it also fixes any overheating issues 100%.

A bit tall gearing for short stop signs , but awesome on highway

Umm. This thread is 6 years old...
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain