Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: VIN Decal

Default VIN Decal

I am trying to locate the U.S Statement of Compliance (SOC) label on my 2009 Fz1 Gen 2. It is a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards sticker that usually has the GVWR, manufactured MM/YY and the VIN number on it.

This is needed to import the bike into Canada, which I maybe looking to do soon.

Can someone please check if they have that sticker/label/decal somewhere on their Fz1 Gen 2?

I know that the engraved VIN number is located at the fork head area and I even found the emissions sticker on the underside of the bike.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by TSM; 05-12-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Bump to see if anyone has this info

I take it google was no help?
    Might be worth a shot to email Yamaha for any info...
    Good Luck
    Have you ever noticed that anybody riding slower than you is an idiot,
    and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac? ~ George Carlin

Shouldn't it all be on the one tag on the left hand side top frame - opposite side to the VIN number on the head tube and hidden behind the fork leg when the bike has the steering lock on?
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain