Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Exup servo

delbert (OP)

Default Exup servo

Good day
    Been running the stock can for the last 18 months or so with the exup valve wired open ,(gen 2 ) today I decided to put the cables back on , but found the servo motor no longer cycles , I'm guessing the motors seized although I've not done any other checks as yet ,, bike runs well , no check lights on so question is. Shall i just leave it alone ? 😁
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is

pull out the servo, buy a plug to stop it throwing an error code, then use the space to store stuff under the seat.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

I’d say the same as Dicko, take the servo out and buy a servo exup eliminator plug from Ebay at about 35-45
    I’d also go to Geoff whale at hilltop motorcycles and get the ecu re flashed with his program. He’s a great tuner has lots of bsb bikes on his books and Danny Buchan bike bsb champ, also Michael Dunlops bike. He really is good and you don’t need to buy a power commander

Here’s the Ebay item number 183004478599 for the servo eliminator
    Last edited by Delta; 04-04-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    Mods
    K&N air filter Iridium plugs
    ASI removed AIS plates AIS plug
    Shorty levers, Arrow headers Micron serpent GP end can
    Motech ally rad grill Led mini indicators (R&G tail tidy, frame sliders, bobbins,fork sliders,rear hugger)
    Hel braided brake lines No flies Graves velosity stacks
    Ecu remap by HTMC, HID headlight
    Nitron race shock, Powerbronze seat, 16 tooth, Bluetek silicone hoses Renthal flat bars Oberon bar end mirrors Quick action throttle. carbon bits, cnc billet foot pegs

delbert (OP)

Thanks for the replys guys , I may well go down that road , in the mean time I've noticed the motor isn't seized as I can turn it manually, then when I turn the ignition on it will cycle back to its original position , can someone confirm that it should do a check cycle when you turn on ? I'm positive it used too
    Last edited by delbert; 04-04-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is

Pretty sure it is supposed to cycle.

When you wired the exup valve open, you did disconnect the cables between the valve and the servo didn't you? Most people take the cables out entirely. If you just wired it open without disconnecting the servo, the load on the servo trying to move while it is wired in position would almost certainly have killed it over time.
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

delbert (OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Pretty sure it is supposed to cycle.

When you wired the exup valve open, you did disconnect the cables between the valve and the servo didn't you? Most people take the cables out entirely. If you just wired it open without disconnecting the servo, the load on the servo trying to move while it is wired in position would almost certainly have killed it over time.
    Yes the cables were completely removed as it had a slip on fitted, I only wired the valve open on the std can as I wasn't sure how long I would keep it fitted so didn't want to faff with the cables. Now I know it's not seized I'll probably just leave it as is for the time being, I was more concerned about causing damage somewhere else if it couldn't move at all
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is