Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Loan bike MT10-SP

To cut the long story short the MT10-SP is great modern bike with loads of toys, but I think i'll keep my FZ1N for a bit longer.

My Loan bike MT10-SP-fz1n.jpgMy Loan bike MT10-SP-mt10-sp.jpg

Love my FZ10!!!

"When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

[QUOTE=Bogie;200844]Love my FZ10!!!

Wow, it looks amazing in black. I hate the SP colours.

[QUOTE=Bogie;200844]Love my FZ10!!!

Can you help clarify the Performance Modes
    The Salesman told me A = Fast , B = Less Fast, C= Medium & D = Standard.
    Ive read on other reviews that B is the beast mode?

I can't for the SP. I know that they changed them again for the SP though.

On the original MT10 and my FZ10 it is:

STD least aggressive
    A one step up from STD
    B most aggressive

From Visor Down:

"The MT-10 SP comes with a bit of refinement because just like the 2017 MT-10 and the MT-10 Touring Edition, the SP features new engine mapping and a change to its power modes. A, B and Standard mode have been replaced with 1 (Sport), 2 (Standard) and 3 (Soft). Each mode delivers full power but with differing throttle response; no prizes for guessing which is sharpest and softest."
    Last edited by Bogie; 07-29-2017 at 04:52 AM.
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

I rode one the other day at a Yamaha demo event. I really liked how well the bike fit me and the overall layout but the power down below 4k wasn't very inspiring. I tried different modes and all seemed a bit soft down low. My only other complaint with the bike are the god awful mirrors. Really Yamaha can we get some mirrors that are actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLATT View Post
    I rode one the other day at a Yamaha demo event. I really liked how well the bike fit me and the overall layout but the power down below 4k wasn't very inspiring. I tried different modes and all seemed a bit soft down low. My only other complaint with the bike are the god awful mirrors. Really Yamaha can we get some mirrors that are actually useful.
    Yamaha has it neutered for the USA as normal. ECU flash and all is good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Yamaha has it neutered for the USA as normal. ECU flash and all is good!!
    I was wondering just how corked up it actually was. The XSR900 I rode after it felt like it had a lot more power down low. I do like that exhaust rumble you get with an uncorked exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLATT View Post
    I was wondering just how corked up it actually was. The XSR900 I rode after it felt like it had a lot more power down low. I do like that exhaust rumble you get with an uncorked exhaust.
    The Triple motor will always have a bit initial quicker spin up than a inline 4.

My FZ10 with the 3/4 Akrapovic Titanium System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_o8cfJXOTA&t=9s

The motor in the FZ09 and XSR900 is designed to have heaps of bottom end power. I was talking recently to a fellow who owned both and he said the triple motor had more torque down low than the FZ10. However, once it got into the midrange and top end, it was another story.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets